Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
College What Is Is Good For?

does anyone here think college is useless and experience is more important in a job. thinking of getting a graduate degree but not sure if it would be a waste of my time. any thoughts.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Re: College What Is Is Good For?

lionhead said:
does anyone here think college is useless and experience is more important in a job. thinking of getting a graduate degree but not sure if it would be a waste of my time. any thoughts.
it depends on what you are going into....if its going to get you hire pay and a better chance at further promotion then go for it...but if it isn't going to help you in your current job then whats the point?

B

·
0 Posts
Re: College What Is Is Good For?

lionhead said:

I wouldn't say college is "useless", but it certainly can be a waste of money if you don't do it right. I think continuing education is very important, whether it be through life experiences or classes. Unfortunately, the corporate world does put great value on a degree...even if you're a ding-dong or your degree has nothing to do with a job you're applying for. It's a wacky world!

The other replies above made good points...depends on your personal situation and goals.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
I agree with Warren.

You certainly won't be hired as a chemist, scientist, doctor, teacher, etc... without a degree.

Basically, some careers require it, some careers it helps to have one - but not required, others don't require one.

I suppose it depends on what you want to do.... ? What do you want to do? :D

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I agree with Warren.
What do you want to do? :D
I agree with both Warren & Patrick96LT4.

Comes down to what you want to do. I'm also in the IT field and I'll take someone with a few years under the belt over a few years in school.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I say go for it! I decided to pursue my Master's Degree (MBA) right after I graduated with my Bachelors (knowing I wouldn't go back to school once I worked full time). Nothing will substitute experience but the Master's Program helped me implemented and enhance our family business plan. A degree will not guarantee success but just a "tool" to help you on the way. It was a great learning experience and would do it all over again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts