Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Color of C7 windshield side panels should be..

• Black only

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Body colored

Votes: 24 51.1%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these black panels supposed to be some kind of corvette signature/tradition/heritage? I think you should be able to make a choice if you want them black or body colored! What do you guys think?

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Make them in Carbon Fiber!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
628 Posts
not sure

The vette hasn't had that painted since the C2's if I'm not mistaken.

If like it as it is but if it would be painted I would hope it would blend in nice!

Intresting question I haven't thought of it.

Undecided

·
Registered
411 Posts
I voted body colored... but I will always choose a black car so they will always be black on mine either way.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The wide "A" pillars are ugly, but were a necessary part of the C5 / C6 design. They allow a shorter door glass so the glass and tracks fit inside the door, and allow for a stronger windshield frame. Hopefully the C7 will have a nicer-looking "A" pillar. Meanwhile, its best to try to hide them and flat black works best. Light colors make the bad shape of the pillar stand out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Think about it take the top off go on down the road you would have to red posts sticking out there c'mon man

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Think about it take the top off go on down the road you would have to red posts sticking out there c'mon man
:agree:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1) on the Z06 you cant take the top off
2) Body colored doesnt look bad on a ferrari!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well the A pillar isn't styled as nice because on the vette the side mirror is on the door panel, making the A pillar more visible from the profile shot. The Ferrari has it more up on the A pillar making it blend together a little better. But I would take the vette over the Ferrari any day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's funny, the first thing I thought when I read the first post was "it would look too much like a Ferrari". I like Ferraris but the black A-pillar seems to be a part of what makes a Corvette look like a Corvette, it's a small detail but makes a difference.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
but the black A-pillar seems to be a part of what makes a Corvette look like a Corvette, it's a small detail but makes a difference.
So were pop-up headlamps. I can really go either way, colored pillars looked great on the C2s and I think it could freshen things up if it were brought back. So long as the C7 is actually a bigger leap forward generation/design-wise, I'll be happy.

·
Super Moderator
10,166 Posts
Body color A pillars are fat looking and draw the eye to them. The black A pillar de-emphasizes the A pillar - makes it look thinner, more covert. I much prefer this to the massive look of the body colored A pillar.

BTW, since the C4, the vette designs have presented the above-the-door enclosure as a canopy. Some owners have emphasized this by painting the B pillar black and tinting the side and back windows. This simple change - along with the stock, black A pillars, makes the C4, C5, & C6 vettes look lower and meaner IMO.

·
Registered
589 Posts
How about stainless steel like on the 1963 split window; even further, how about bringing back the split window with a camera placed in divider?:excited:

·
Super Moderator
10,166 Posts
How about stainless steel like on the 1963 split window; even further, how about bringing back the split window with a camera placed in divider?:excited:
How about a flat winshield!!? ... brass A pillar? I know, make it open at the bottom to allow air into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
589 Posts
How about a flat winshield!!? ... brass A pillar? I know, make it open at the bottom to allow air into the passenger compartment.
I don't think so; but, regarding your air flow "idea", how about bringing back those little vent windows at the A pillar? Make them power retractable!:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts