Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dumped Comcast after seven months of horrible service. I had signed up for their triple play package (TV, Internet and Telephone) back in January of this year.

They screwed up my phones, especially my home business number. I had to call 5 or 6 times to repeatedly address the same phone problem before someone was competent enough to fix it.:crazy:

They have horrible TV picture quality (Digital my ass), and if I tried to order an "on demand" movie, the whole system would crash for about 20 minutes. After 3 or 4 of those failed attempts I simply stopped trying to use any of the on demand features.:thud:

I called Comcast repeatedly for service, and they did send some marginally competent techs. out. Each tech. had a different theory as to what was wrong, but they all agreed that Comcast technology was not up to speed. None of them could fix the problems correctly.:spanked:

Each time my service was interrupted I asked comcast for an adjustment, or credit to my bill. Their response was to say that they would issue the credit when the problem was fully resolved. This is obviously a delaying tactic. They made that promise at least 5 times and I never received any credits. When I contacted their billing department to try and get the credits, they were very conveniently STUPID :huh: and had no records of my credits. I asked to speak to a supervisor, was put on hold, never got to speak to a supervisor, and was then told that if I wanted any credits that I would have to go to Comcast's offices and try and negotiate my credits there. :WTF Now who the **** is going to take time out of their day to deal with some ignorant asshole at Comcasts' offices to try and negotiate some credits? This obviously could be accomplished on the telephone, it is another non-customer friendly Comcast company policy, designed to frustrate you and make you go away.

I am sure that Comcast banks on this kind of response. It is obvious that Comcast is playing mind **** games with their customers.

I dumped Comacst and signed up with Verizon Fios this week. I took my old converter box and modem back to Comcast today and asked for my final bill. The rep told me that I was not going to be billed at the promotional price, but that I would be pro-rated at their "regular" rate, and that the bill would come in the mail.
Obviously I am going to need a BIG jar of VASELINE so it won't hurt so much when the Comcast bill arrives.

Comcast:nuts: Me

Moral of this story?

BEWARE OF COMCAST !!!!

:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I agree...

I lived in a condo before getting the house.

I couldn't get any satelite service because of Association Rules...:down:

But - One thing about Comcast - they did me right after sending several techs out to look at the choppy problems with their TV service. I got a free DVR upgrade - that i didn't pay for....they kept swapping out boxes till it finally worked relatively well. And after several calls to their support center to get techs dispatched - I got a nice break for like 7 months on the bill. I think it was like $20 -$30 off of the whole bill for a while.

But when I moved into my new house, I ordered DISH for TV service and have been very happy - except when it rains hard outside....:laughing:

But I had no problem calling Comcast to cancel their service.... I think they suck!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
We had Comcast Cable and Internet. Had an HD box. Never had any problems at all. Net always worked and HD was crystal clear.:huh:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I had Comcrap a few years ago in Arlington Tx. OMG, that was a horrible experience. The picture sucked, the internet part sucked, the service sucked and the billing sucked. :laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I had Comcrap a few years ago in Arlington Tx. OMG, that was a horrible experience. The picture sucked, the internet part sucked, the service sucked and the billing sucked. :laughing:
:agree: Satelite/SW Bell DSL Now. Less Outages.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Verizon FiOS Fibre Optics all the way.

5-25 m/s down and 2-15 m/s up speeds depending on speed package.

have it for the TV/Internet/Phone. Never disappointed service is always around.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've never had any real problems with Comcast.
I've been a member now for more then 4 years!

When they started offering "On-Demand", I think I may of had 1, maybe 2 problems actually getting the movie I wanted and being able to watch it.

But since that time (over a year now), I've no issues w/the company and/or their service.

I did have their Digital-voice for a few months, but eventually decided to drop it after a business venture I was going to undertake fell through and therefore, already having my own cell #, didn't see a need for continuing to pay for it (Digital Phone).

Like any business, you're going to have 'ups' and 'downs', and you just have to take it all in stride, especially when a new service ("On Demand" for example) is released to the masses.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today a nice lady from Comcast called and offered me a credit to my bill. She wanted to know if the service was OK. I told her yes, because I am now a Verizon customer.
Obviously Comcast has their heads where the sun don't shine.

I asked her to send me a copy of the credits she offered me, so I can argue with them later when they find out that I dumped them and they decide to change their minds again.

Too little, too late - Sorry Comcast, but you had several opporunities to save me as your customer. After 7 months of mind games - I quit.:crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts