Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading everyones kill stories got me thinking of all the cars that I have played against, and none of my wins seem impressive enough, to me, to share with you guys.

So here is my favorite loss!

I am sitting at a red light, in the left lane of a three lane wide feeder street. To my right along the starting line are two cars, if stock, are comparable to my '04 vert with only headers. Ahead of us is a freeway entrance ramp, that all three of us want to be the first to. The guy to my immediate right is about five feet behind me. I can see a very familiar white hood emblem through my passenger door window. He reads the yellow light for the cross traffic and gets a little roll just before our light goes green. On green all three of us put the hammer down. The guy in the middle with his holeshot, gets his rear tires to my front bumper. We are still that way, as I rap out 3rd, and we are quickly closing on the ramp. At this point I had to surrender, and allow his beautiful 50th anniversary edition to slide in front of me.

But the best part of all, both Vettes :spanked: the S*&T out of an MB SLK55 AMG.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Great story.

Did the Merc lift? I don't know about 60' times, but ETs for an SLK 55AMG and stock C5 (non ZO6) are pretty similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He actually missed the entrance, but there are no lights before the next ramp so he stayed on the gas and passed us after we slowed down on the freeway. It was a pretty fast car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts