Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On May 24th the journey begins. I am taking a Roadtrip to Middlesboro, Ky. My drive there will be straight through with a stop in Memphis, Tn to meet Draxis1313. I will then leave KY on tuesday the 30th for my return trip. I believe that I will head for Colorado and take the northern route. I know that we have members in Mt. Vernon Ky, Richmond Ky, and of course the Torch. How about lunch while I'm there?
In Colorado I will be heading to Greeley as I did live there once. Pourde, are you up for Lunch?. I plan on taking 4-5 days for the return trip and allowing for my wife to see parts of the country she has never been to. Anyone along that route that would like to meet up please post it here.
I'm looking forward to meeting some of my fine DC family :thumbsup: :cool: :D :smokin: :partyon:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I live in Georgetown, KY (near Lexington)....I'd meet up with you for lunch if you come through this way.....let me know!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'm always up for a good meal and some Corvette talk, keep me informed when the details become a bit more solid.

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Georgetown, KY (near Lexington)....I'd meet up with you for lunch if you come through this way.....let me know!
I'm always up for a good meal and some Corvette talk, keep me informed when the details become a bit more solid.

How about the Lexington Hooters on Saturday 5/27 or Monday 5/29, will that work for either of you?

Hope you get a chance to swing by Corvette Mecca: Bowling Green.

Oh yeah, I was there for the '50th. I used to live in Middlesboro.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
At the moment I have no plans on my agenda for 5/27 so that should be okay for me.:thumbsup:

Over the next week or so we'll try and iron out a time that will work if that day works for all involved.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
spiderpat said:

How about the Lexington Hooters on Saturday 5/27 or Monday 5/29, will that work for either of you?

Hope you get a chance to swing by Corvette Mecca: Bowling Green.

Oh yeah, I was there for the '50th. I used to live in Middlesboro.
either date would work for me, I think. Saturday would probably be better though.....just keep me posted....by the way, what brought on this trip? just driving the country for the heck of it?

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ghostchild said:
either date would work for me, I think. Saturday would probably be better though.....just keep me posted....by the way, what brought on this trip? just driving the country for the heck of it?
As I stated earlier, I used to live on Middlesboro. My daughter still lives there with her dad and is graduating from Highschool. My wife wanted to fly out there but the thought hit me that this would be a opporunity of a life time for a little adventure, a little roadtrip, and the chance to meet some people who love Corvettes as much as I do.
Besides, 18yrs ago I jokingly said that I was going to go on a world tour one day, guess this is the first leg of that tour :laughing: . It also makes a pretty good vacation and memories to drive across the U.S. meeting people, Vette people :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
spiderpat said:
As I stated earlier, I used to live on Middlesboro. My daughter still lives there with her dad and is graduating from Highschool. My wife wanted to fly out there but the thought hit me that this would be a opporunity of a life time for a little adventure, a little roadtrip, and the chance to meet some people who love Corvettes as much as I do.
Besides, 18yrs ago I jokingly said that I was going to go on a world tour one day, guess this is the first leg of that tour :laughing: . It also makes a pretty good vacation and memories to drive across the U.S. meeting people, Vette people :thumbsup:
sweet....I'm sure you'll have a great time....too bad gas costs so damn much, though eh? keep me up to date as to when you're coming to the lexington hooters...hopefully I'll see you there!:thumbsup:

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ghostchild said:
sweet....I'm sure you'll have a great time....too bad gas costs so damn much, though eh? keep me up to date as to when you're coming to the lexington hooters...hopefully I'll see you there!:thumbsup:
Lets Plan on a 5/27 meeting. MrVette83, I hope that you can join us also. I'm so looking forward to this trip, never did anything like it before.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Let's meet up!

I'm in Somerset - about 30 minutes from Mt Vernon and 45 min from Richmond. Saturday is good for me too. Let me know when/where:thumbsup:

Just looked at my calendar again...guess what Saturday the 27th is???
It's the monthly (April thru Oct...4th Saturday) Somernites Cruise! If you've never heard of this, check it out at somernitescruise.com

If y'all have never been, I'd highly recommend checking it out. We average between 800-1200 vehicles gathered on the "blocked-off" streets of Somerset - The fun starts Friday night with the Burnout contest behind Bastin's steakhouse and a gathering in Walmart parking lot. Saturday morning usually entails a cruise to a close-by point of interest, then from about 2-8pm, the cars flood the downtown streets where everyone walks around admiring all the vehicles, then there's the cruise up and down US 27...all-in-all, it's a pretty fun day.

Joe (Horsepower TV) has been there twice and it's been called one of the top-ten cruises in the nation!

We could all meet there (if y'all would like to)...or I'd be happy to meet up with y'all in Mt Vernon, Richmond, Lexington, Bowling Green or Middlesboro for that matter. But I'm definitely going to the Cruise...so timing will dictate whether I'm able to get together with y'all or not. I usually try to be at the Cruise from 2-6pm...but am somewhat flexible. This month, we're taking my wife's 68 Mustang coupe, my 97 Cobra (to sell if possible) and my Vette.

Tell me what ya think...

Scott

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is starting to look totally kickass. We'll be meeting at the Lexington Hooters on 5/27. Does 4pm work for everyone else? It would be really nice to fill that place up with Vettes that day, especially DC Vettes. Anyone else care to Join? :cool:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds like loads of fun...but I'll have to pass this round...already made plans to be at the Cruise in downtown Somerset from 2-6pm. With my out-of-town work schedule, I'm only able to attend two of the local cruises this year and May is one of them.

Maybe next time!

Thanks for the heads-up!:thumbsup:

Scott

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
scottq60 said:
Sounds like loads of fun...but I'll have to pass this round...already made plans to be at the Cruise in downtown Somerset from 2-6pm. With my out-of-town work schedule, I'm only able to attend two of the local cruises this year and May is one of them.

Maybe next time!

Thanks for the heads-up!:thumbsup:

Scott
That sounds like an even better place to meet :partyon: Thank you for the heads up on that, i've seen that on Horsepower tv and have been wanting to go. you can count me in.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Somernites then!

Sounds GREAT!! We can all meet up somewhere around 1:30 Saturday and go into the cruise together or just see ya downtown. Myself, my wife, her brother (92 Mustang GT) and her father (36 Ford pickup) usually meet somewhere and enter the downtown area at the same time...so if all the DC group wants to hook up with us or go in separately, it's cool. I'm sure Lake Cumberland Corvette Club will enjoy seeing plenty of "visiting Vettes".

If you've never been, you should know that there are only a couple places to enter downtown once the streets have been blocked off... one is to come in off of Ky 80 onto North Main St, (traveling east on 80, turn right at the 3rd light east of 80/27 intersection). The other is to come into town via Ogden ST - if coming into town on 80 from the west, turn right onto 27, then immediately left onto Ogden Street and follow it right into the town square. Do a search on Mapquest.com for Somerset, Ky and zoom in on the intection of 80 (Cumberland Parkway) and US 27...then this will all make sense. Or you can always PM me and let me know you're coming and we can make arrangements.

Hope to see everyone there! There are several places we could meet up and head into downtown together...K-Mart parking lot is pretty close to North Main on 80...that's one choice.

One other thing you should know about Somerset, if you're intent on slamming down a few cold ones...it's in a dry county, although Burnside, just a few miles south does serve alcohol in at least one or two restaurants, and there's the Harbor restaurant at Lee's Ford boatdock that also serves alcohol and they have REALLY good food...I'm guessing there'll probably be a line to get in there that particular Saturday.

There will be food vendors downtown as well as a Dairy Queen and the "4 girls cafe"...pretty good food at reasonable prices. There may be other restaurants downtown that I just haven't thought about.

Scott

·
Registered
594 Posts
Meet at KMart

How about 1:30? Sound good to everyone?

Scott

·
Registered
594 Posts
Never been to Hooters but I'm sure game...just have to get a kitchen pass or take her with:laughing:

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scottq60 said:
Never been to Hooters but I'm sure game...just have to get a kitchen pass or take her with:laughing:
I think my wife is comming with me to the cruise, haven't asked her yet, but if she does then she will have to goto Hooters :laughing:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts