Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the more common tools used on C3's that I should have in my toolbox? Any special wrenches, sockets or anything that I should be aware of? I don't own a C3 yet, but I'm always on the look out for that special one!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i don't know of any "specialty" tools that you would need to just maintain the car.... a good hand wrench and (open end box end) and a good ratchet set (standard and metric) should let you do pretty much everything at least under the hood

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Punk Boy said:
i don't know of any "specialty" tools that you would need to just maintain the car.... a good hand wrench and (open end box end) and a good ratchet set (standard and metric) should let you do pretty much everything at least under the hood
What he said! :cool:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
1/2 and 9/16 wrenches will get most of the stuff. I also carry a channel lock, adjustable cresent wrench, three screw drivers, an assortment of small bolts, flash light, tire gauge, jumper wire, elecrical tape, and most importantly duct tape:laughing: :laughing: which is alongside the fire extinquisher.

When that fails, the cellphone to AAA will get me going.:stick:

Be not dismayed, I never had the car fail on me, once I was out and about:cheers: And I do drive that guy long and far:buhbye:

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it has manual windows, you’ll need a window crank removal tool :laughing:

A special tool to loosen your distributor clamp bolt is also a great tool to have.

Long, skinny screwdrivers are also a necessity to adjust your air/fuel mixture adjustments on your carburator.

(Damn, I love computer adjusted fuel injection :D )

·
Registered
142 Posts
Punk Boy said:
That sounds right to me the only other tool you might need in some cases is a deep wallet:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts