Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mainstreet.com/article/family/family-health/decay-dental-insurance?cm_ven=msnetzero

"Current trends show dental coverage in decline. The NADP/DDPA 2010 Dental Benefits Enrollment Report concludes that dental benefits decreased by 5.7% from 2008 to 2009. It’s the first time the NADP has ever recorded a decline in dental insurance since it started tracking the market in 1964. The report says that from 2008 to 2009, 10 million Americans were pared from the dental benefits rolls...."

read on.....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Dental insurance is generally an "option" on health plans. As premium costs continue to rise, employers are looking for ways to offset the increases. Easiest move-cut the dental coverage. ;)

Since when is Dental coverage a human right anyway? I've never had dental coverage, and I sell the ****. :laughing: Just pay my own and take care of my teeth. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Dental insurance is generally an "option" on health plans. As premium costs continue to rise, employers are looking for ways to offset the increases. Easiest move-cut the dental coverage. ;)

Since when is Dental coverage a human right anyway? I've never had dental coverage, and I sell the ****. :laughing: Just pay my own and take care of my teeth. :thumbsup:
:agree:
Same as eyglass coverage.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Down here in redneckville, we don't even have a local dentist. :huh:

Guess you need teeth to bait em in.. :rolling:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Good news for Tex. Means more clients will be paying cash! :laughing:
Bad news for Tex. More people will say "Just pull it!" instead of fixing it. :thud:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't had dental insurance for at least 10 years.
I wasn't offered even if I paid for it.

Last year I switched companies and now have to pay for coverage for my family. They pay for me.
I talked to a few friends and that is the trend now with some companies not even paying for the employee.

Paying for health insurance isn't that big of a deal unless you are paying top dollar for a crappy plan like I do now.

For dental I use a website called www.dentalplans.com
Basically, it's a reduced rate system various dentists subscribe to to drum up business. I'm sure another angle is is someone does have insurance they can claim retail prices to the insurance company even though they will give discounted rates.
If someone does want to sign up through Dental Plans, please use my referral number. 48F83R03
I supposedly get some sort of points if I refer someone.
I saved more than my membership fee in one crown, though I think we've paid for a good portion of my dentist's BMW over the years. He is an awesome dentist if anyone happens to be looking for one in the St. Charles, MO area.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
... we've paid for a good portion of my dentist's BMW over the years. He is an awesome dentist if anyone happens to be looking for one in the Crowley, TX area.

Hey now! Isn't Tex from that area? :lookinup: You guys are tag teaming us!

:laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts