Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Assuming equal $ and ignoring resale value, which would you pick?

• Ariel Atom

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Radical SR3

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Ultima Can Am

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Caterham CSR 500

Votes: 8 21.1%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rank these cars...

All fall into the barely street legal category.

All are pretty capable performers. The Ultima and Radical have superior high
speed performance (IMO) due to aerodynamics.

Assume same price. depending on spec, they could be had for relatively similar prices.

Vote for your top pick, and rank them 1 to 4

Ariel Atom

Radical SR3

Caterham CSR 500

Ultima CanAm

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I was forced to buy a useless-for-any-practical-purpose car, I'd check none of the above and go for a Shelby Cobra replicar.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I was forced to buy a useless-for-any-practical-purpose car, I'd check none of the above and go for a Shelby Cobra replicar.
I'd love to have a Cobra too, but Cobra will not be able to hang with these cars at the track.

·
Threadkiller
164 Posts
They had a Atom test drive program at MotorsportRanch and I thought about it but it was $500 for the morning to rip it around the track.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
In this country it would be the Radical. Lots of available parts and race support and they go pretty well.

I see 3 to 5 evry time I go to TWS.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'll go for the Atom, like it still, looks like nothing you've ever seen and it go's like hell!!:partyon: :partyon:

Yeah when i have the money and space i'll get myself a Atom:D :devil:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Give me an ATOM with the engine upgrade which i believe is a small supercharger putting it in the 300hp range.

The caterham is tempting, but I would rather build my own locost. A locost is essentially a home built lotus 7 replica. The caterham is a production version of a locost.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Give me an ATOM with the engine upgrade which i believe is a small supercharger putting it in the 300hp range.

The caterham is tempting, but I would rather build my own locost. A locost is essentially a home built lotus 7 replica. The caterham is a production version of a locost.
That's what I have, well acutally a "Rotus", which is another replica, but out of that list, I'd have to go with the Radical

1 - 20 of 21 Posts