Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not see anyone talking about the competitive driving mode, the last two people on the street I talked with had no clue what I was talking about and had to show them. I am mostly in that mode, how about you?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do not see anyone talking about the competitive driving mode, the last two people on the street I talked with had no clue what I was talking about and had to show them. I am mostly in that mode, how about you?
my bet there are many out there that do not have a clue what they have

·
Registered
287 Posts
I usually only go to competitive mode when I'm playing around and want to smoke 'em up a little.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Start up procedure

1. turn on car
2. turn off DRLs
3. get into competitive driving mode
4. change DIC to oil temp
5. lock doors
6. put AC on recirc

comp mode is my favorite, lets me get crazy but is still there to catch me when im about to fall.

most people dont know alot about their cars, i didnt know you could open the trunk with a button form the back - thought that was really cool

·
Registered
81 Posts
I normally leave all the nannies in place but will turn off the TC on occasion. I haven't had a reason yet to turn them all off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK, I'll ask. :huh: I want to know how to and what not to do.

Would someone mind identifying the steps to get into competitive driving mode?

Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tc

Maybe it is the way I drive but I notice a big diff, when TC is off and when Comp is on ,,,,,Comp has saved me once or twice and hurt me bad once

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I'll ask. :huh: I want to know how to and what not to do.

Would someone mind identifying the steps to get into competitive driving mode?

Thanks.
hit your TC button once then hit it again, if you have it you will see on your display

·
4,151 Posts
to PeterSG

when you start your vette all the safety systems are on, you press the button near the center console with the car and burnot marks once and your DIC will read " traction control and active handeling systems off" this means you can do what ever and the comp will never interupt (use for burnouts and dohnuts) press again and it will read "competitive driving mode" this means the systems are on but not as strict, you can peel out but it will prevent you from getting escessively sideways, it will also keep your rear in check on hard corners (use for spirited of "competitive" driving, hope this was helpful

anyone else discover something they didnt know about their vette? how about you cant open your hatch with the car on unless your e-brake is up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to PeterSG

when you start your vette all the safety systems are on, you press the button near the center console with the car and burnot marks once and your DIC will read " traction control and active handeling systems off" this means you can do what ever and the comp will never interupt (use for burnouts and dohnuts) press again and it will read "competitive driving mode" this means the systems are on but not as strict, you can peel out but it will prevent you from getting escessively sideways, it will also keep your rear in check on hard corners (use for spirited of "competitive" driving, hope this was helpful

anyone else discover something they didnt know about their vette? how about you cant open your hatch with the car on unless your e-brake is up.
didnt know that one

·
4,151 Posts
snow lol no, i have a reputation here for being lack of a better word anal, my vette is my fun car, i dont drive in rain or snow because when i get the car tells me im not going fast enough. my vette will get tucked in when show starts to fall, unfortuneately thats soon :lookinup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Something new ...

I just found out that the Compact Disc number shows in the HUD when in STREET MODE (I have had it in TRACK MODE for a year and a half).
:partyon:

·
Registered
44 Posts
to PeterSG

Actually this is incorrect. Pressing the button once will give you "traction control is off", pressing twice will put you into competition mode. If you press and hold the bottom for 10 seconds then the "traction control and active handling is off" is displayed.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Actually this is incorrect. Pressing the button once will give you "traction control is off", pressing twice will put you into competition mode. If you press and hold the bottom for 10 seconds then the "traction control and active handling is off" is displayed.
:agree:

That's correct, you do have to hold it down for about 10 seconds. This will shut everything off.

Jr.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just found out that the Compact Disc number shows in the HUD when in STREET MODE (I have had it in TRACK MODE for a year and a half).
:partyon:
I will have to check that out, What other goodies do our cars hold?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine not only shows the disc # and track but also if you change the radio station it will show it on the HUD.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I know this makes a difference in drag racing but in my test at TWS comp mode made no difference except I had to be more careful burning out of corners than TC in normal mode. My car overpowers TC in normal mode.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts