Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Competitive driving mode

7K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  1320 
#1 ·
I do not see anyone talking about the competitive driving mode, the last two people on the street I talked with had no clue what I was talking about and had to show them. I am mostly in that mode, how about you?

#3 ·
I usually only go to competitive mode when I'm playing around and want to smoke 'em up a little.

#4 ·
Start up procedure

1. turn on car
2. turn off DRLs
3. get into competitive driving mode
4. change DIC to oil temp
5. lock doors
6. put AC on recirc

comp mode is my favorite, lets me get crazy but is still there to catch me when im about to fall.

most people dont know alot about their cars, i didnt know you could open the trunk with a button form the back - thought that was really cool

#30 ·
...and hurt me bad once
How did Comp Mode hurt you, or mabye I sould ask; "how bad will Comp Mode let it get?"

I have whimped out twice so far (in Comp Mode) by letting off the gas, as the ass end was mabie 45 degrees out of alignment. I am guessing on the angle but based on previous experiance with previous cars I did not have much to go before trouble.

I was not sure if Comp Mode was going to let me get further out and mabie break loose. Better safe than sorry, I probly should find a parking lot and test it.

#9 ·
to PeterSG

when you start your vette all the safety systems are on, you press the button near the center console with the car and burnot marks once and your DIC will read " traction control and active handeling systems off" this means you can do what ever and the comp will never interupt (use for burnouts and dohnuts) press again and it will read "competitive driving mode" this means the systems are on but not as strict, you can peel out but it will prevent you from getting escessively sideways, it will also keep your rear in check on hard corners (use for spirited of "competitive" driving, hope this was helpful

anyone else discover something they didnt know about their vette? how about you cant open your hatch with the car on unless your e-brake is up.

#14 ·
snow lol no, i have a reputation here for being lack of a better word anal, my vette is my fun car, i dont drive in rain or snow because when i get the car tells me im not going fast enough. my vette will get tucked in when show starts to fall, unfortuneately thats soon :lookinup:

#20 ·
I know this makes a difference in drag racing but in my test at TWS comp mode made no difference except I had to be more careful burning out of corners than TC in normal mode. My car overpowers TC in normal mode.

:cheers:

#29 ·
anyone else discover something they didnt know about their vette? how about you cant open your hatch with the car on unless your e-brake is up.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that.....I did find out about the little button below the hatch for "hatch release" that was a great find!:thumbsup:

So I knew about competion mode but what does it REALLY do??:huh:

#33 ·
Throttle response

Does Comp Mode do anything to throttle response? I took an 08 out this weekend and found a bit too much lag in the drive by wire system. (I had my helmet in hand but the salesman was not up for it). I did one or two crisp heel/toes and I just could not get the revs up for the downshift. The torque was cool though, even turned the tires over in the dealers parking lot.:D

#34 ·
Does Comp Mode do anything to throttle response? I took an 08 out this weekend and found a bit too much lag in the drive by wire system. (I had my helmet in hand but the salesman was not up for it). I did one or two crisp heel/toes and I just could not get the revs up for the downshift. The torque was cool though, even turned the tires over in the dealers parking lot.:D
That right there is why we have them buy em before they drive em

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.