Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my steering box back from Gary (gtr1999). He did an awesome job "blueprinting" it. I really enjoyed the updates and pictures he sent as he was rebuilding it! Today I installed the steering box, a new VBP spreader bar, and cut VBP 10” spring bolts down to 9” and swapped the 8" bolts out. I took her out for a ride. It's amazing how much better the steering feels. It's nice and tight, and gives great road feel like a performance car should. The steering wheel is still centered and felt great on the back roads and highway. On the back roads I went through some twisty S-turns, got on the throttle in one of the turns drifting out of it with a really nice controlled feeling, let off the throttle and she snaps right back into place. On the highway, the steering was tight and straight. I had a Merceded SL550 (I think? It was 2 door, not the small style) vert pull up along side of me at a light. I started 1st and 2nd easy, by this time he was over a car length ahead of me, so I romp on it and so did he. By the end of 2nd gear I was next to him and hit third and pulled out past him before I let off. He was an older gentleman, and gave me a thumbs up as he travelled on. :thumbsup: I was suprised, that Mercedes was pretty quick! I thought I would blow by it faster than I did. I haven’t lowered the suspension yet, just put in the bolts and set to the same height for now. I’ll lower it a bit when I can get it in for an alignment.

A BIG THANKS to Gary for another GREAT JOB!!! :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Hi Mike
You got the car back on the road pretty fast,good for you. Enjoy it:thumbsup:
Gary

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike
You got the car back on the road pretty fast,good for you. Enjoy it:thumbsup:
Gary
Thanks Guys!

Yeah Gary, I didn't waist any time yesterday :D The improved steering feels makes it so much more enjoyable to drive. The slop and left to right darting was getting annoying. All that is gone now! Thanks again!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts