Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm in the middle of an argument on www.gminsidenews.com with a guy thats claiming that the Ford GT's are underrated, saying that they're putting down 530 RWHP. I was under the impression that SAE ratings did away with lying about horsepower ratings, not to mention that underrating a supercar's output seems somewhat pointless to me. The last years of the camaro SS and trans ams were underrated, however I understand that. Camaros and firebirds are affordable, insurance on them is not. I worked out the math and 530 RWHP, assuming a 15% power loss, is about 647 horsepower at the fly. Am I the only one that has a hard time believing that they underrated the car that much, if at all?

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
actually, the GT was under-rated. what Ford clamed was its flywheel HP it did in fact lay down at the wheels. How Ford got away with it, I don't know. I do know that GTs have hazed the tires on dyno rollers while being tested, so I don't doubt the high output numbers.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Underrated?

The only one I have encountered did not measure up. It seemed slower than the C6 Z06s I have tangled with.:WTF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts