Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
We all knew the Dems would be the first ones to get shot.
A Congresswoman and her staffers were gunned down, that's more serious than party affiliation.

For once, let's save a thread from mindless party babble and respect what's happened.

Further details will eventually be released, and will lay out today's events for everyone to review.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
For once, let's save a thread from mindless party babble and respect what's happened.
:thumbsup:

She is apparently not dead.

U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, and other people were shot at an event today in Tucson, according to broadcast reports. There were conflicting reports about whether Giffords was killed.

National Public Radio and CNN reported Giffords and six other people died. Politico.com later quoted C.J. Karamargin, a spokesman for Giffords, as saying the congresswoman had survived. The Associated Press reported she was hospitalized in critical condition.

The network cited an unidentified person at the Pima County, Arizona, sheriff’s office. At least three other people, including some of her staff members, were injured, NPR said. CNN said the suspect in the shootings is in custody.

Two people were hospitalized in stable condition at Northwest Medical Center in Tucson, said Kim Chimene, a spokeswoman for the hospital.

She said the two patients were shot at a public event in a Safeway parking lot earlier today. She said she could not identify the patients by name or their genders.

The congresswoman was holding a “Congress On Your Corner” event at a Safeway grocery store when a gunman appeared and started shooting, NPR said.

A witness at the event told CNN 15 to 20 shots were fired. The witness, Jason Pekau, an employee at a Sprint store near the shooting, said there were two to three bodies on the ground after the shooting, CNN reported.

Representative Giffords, 40, was first elected in 2006 from Arizona’s 8th Congressional district, which includes a 114-mile (183-kilometer) border with Mexico.

She previously served in the Arizona Legislature and was chief executive officer of her family’s tire and automotive business.

Giffords is married to Mark Kelly, a U.S. Navy pilot and NASA astronaut and is the only congresswoman with a military spouse on active duty.

-With assistance from Shobhana Chandra in Washington. Editors: Mark Rohner, Chris Thompson

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
A Congresswoman and her staffers were gunned down, that's more serious than party affiliation.

Further details will eventually be released, and will lay out today's events for everyone to review.
A political leader was shot. It IS a political event. It DOES have serious political ramifications. The Civil War started with a few such incidents.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
OMG I was a street away when this all went down, I could hear the sirens.:thud: My Dad used to work at that Safeway, in fact I was just in there 2 days ago. I can't believe it.

My Prayers are with Giffords and the rest of the victims.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
"Not dead yet...."

They just said the Congresswoman was out of surgery, although she's had an "in and out" shot through her brain, the surgeon seemed to imply she's expected to live.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
All politics aside, this is very very sad.

Now I hear a 9 year old was also one of the people killed, terrible.:down:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Federal judge killed.

This ****ed is getting the needle.

:down:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
This ****ed is getting the needle.
Tomorrow on Pay-Per-View. This doesn't require 25 years of appeals. Capital punishment based on circumsional evidence is probably not a good idea. Some really didn't do it and DNA has proven that after years. However, this guy did it......period. I'd pay to watch.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Tomorrow on Pay-Per-View. This doesn't require 25 years of appeals. Capital punishment based on circumsional evidence is probably not a good idea. Some really didn't do it and DNA has proven that after years. However, this guy did it......period. I'd pay to watch.
I'd throw $100 at a lottery chance to push the plunger in myself. Use that revenue to pay down the debt.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
A political leader was shot. It IS a political event. It DOES have serious political ramifications. The Civil War started with a few such incidents.
Where do you come up with this nonsense ? Some anti government nut ball (all government- Republican and Democrat, alike) flips out and kills a group of people including a judge a representative and a child, in a wild spray of bullets... and the ramifications are equal to that of the start of the Civil war... that had nothing -nothing to due with this nut balls delusional agenda ?

Fear monger !

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Where do you come up with this nonsense ? Some anti government nut ball (all government- Republican and Democrat, alike) flips out and kills a group of people including a judge a representative and a child, in a wild spray of bullets... and the ramifications are equal to that of the start of the Civil war... that had nothing -nothing to due with this nut balls delusional agenda ?

Fear monger !
Um... Yup. Check yer history. Events like these preceded the Civil War. And WWI, BTW. I did not even hint at this event causing another one. I was just noting similar events. Don't get yer pink panties in a bunch.

:laughing:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts