Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, have you ever used or know some one who is using a line lock to lock the front break preassure to allow front only breaks for doing burn outs?

I am concidering this, because I cant seem to get a good burnout going, with out taking off. and im not a big fan of holding the breaks and gas.

my main questions for the line lock are:

are they street worthy? dependable for use in my car every day
I dont want to blow a seal or something while driving to work ext... and have no front breaks. that would be real bad.

so can you guys help me out with your impressions of a line lock
good and bad ? do you know some one who has one? do they like it ?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
hey guys, have you ever used or know some one who is using a line lock to lock the front break preassure to allow front only breaks for doing burn outs?

I am concidering this, because I cant seem to get a good burnout going, with out taking off. and im not a big fan of holding the breaks and gas.

my main questions for the line lock are:

are they street worthy? dependable for use in my car every day
I dont want to blow a seal or something while driving to work ext... and have no front breaks. that would be real bad.

so can you guys help me out with your impressions of a line lock
good and bad ? do you know some one who has one? do they like it ?
How often do you drive the car? I have had a line Lock on my 89 since 2002.. no problems..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drive the car where ever I have to go, its a daily driver for shure. if you have had your line lock installed for that long and dont have headakes from it , I feel alot more comftorble instaling one on my ride.

btw, what kind did you use? im shure it must be a good one to give you trouble free service for so long.

·
Registered
449 Posts
A line lock consists of a solenoid that is installed along the front brake lines near the master cylinder and keeps the pressure on when you release the pedal. Usually you apply the brakes and flip a switch locking the solenoid for a burnout. One of my service techs has one on his 87 Buick Grand National. As far as I know he's never had problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts