Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are so many ordering options "on constraint".

Is GM having trouble with suppliers or is this a method of ensuring that the population of vettes manufactured span the range of possible combinations?

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Why are so many ordering options "on constraint".

Is GM having trouble with suppliers or is this a method of ensuring that the population of vettes manufactured span the range of possible combinations?
Sometimes SJ that is the case....other times, and they will not admit it, but they do this to force us to order other pieces parts they may have not had enough activity on....but their contract states something else.

It's the world we live in and we have to adjust to production demands vs. the retail demands....they never seem to balance.

BY THE WAY, YOUR CAR HAS MOVED TO 3300 MY FRIEND!
CONGRATS!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OH by the way....that looks like a nice lil patio to chill out on...wish I was there right now!:laughing: :D
Thanks, built it myself.

I am an armature mason, electrician, plumber and carpenter. The structure you see houses a complete outside kitchen. There is even a fridge, very large gas grill/stove, and running water. The neighbors are coming over tonight, to play cards and do wine tasting with cheese. Typically 1 bottle each but I feel like a 2 bottle each night is likely.

I have a second project underway; I am putting in an outdoor living room (16’X14') with a fire pit, electric, phone, cable, and grape vine walls and ceilings. Muscatine grapes grow like weeds in this area; they fill in so tight that you cannot see through them. They make excellent living walls, etc if you provide them a frame to grow on.

My timing is poor as I expect to have concrete poured next Friday. Once formes are stripped there will remain several months of: finish masonary (cover the concrete with stone), framing (using landscape timbers), wiring and planting. Construction will be severely impacted by my desire to drive the new vette.

Anyway, thanks for your services, to date progress has been faster than expected. I will call to discuss final payment to you once I talk to NCM and schedule a delivery date.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Thanks, built it myself.

I am an armature mason, electrician, plumber and carpenter. The structure you see houses a complete outside kitchen. There is even a fridge, very large gas grill/stove, and running water. The neighbors are coming over tonight, to play cards and do wine tasting with cheese. Typically 1 bottle each but I feel like a 2 bottle each night is likely.

I have a second project underway; I am putting in an outdoor living room (16’X14”) with a fire pit, electric, phone, cable, and grape vine walls and ceilings. Muscatine grapes grow like weeds in this area; they fill in so tight that you cannot see through them. They make excellent living walls, etc if you provide them a frame to grow on. Anyway my timing is poor as I expect to have concrete poured next Friday. Construction will be severely impacted by my desire to drive the new vette.

Anyway, thanks for your services, to date progress has been faster than expected. I will call to discuss final payment to you once I talk to NCM and schedule a delivery date.

sweet....
You had me at the fire pit
:rolling: :rolling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts