Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 AE, and the top does not come all the way forward on the drivers side. When I compare how the top meets the windshield on the passenger and driver sides, the driver side is about an 1/8 inch short. As a result I get wind noise and water.

It looks like the previous owner tried to fix it himself, there is some black urathane sealer in the corner, (uck). There is no warrenty and I would perfer to do the work myself. So after I clean out the urathane, how do I adjust how the top meets the windshield. Infact if someone has a comprehesive writeup on all the adjustments for the top, that would be great.

Thanks
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Any body out there that can help Cory with his top problem???:huh:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
17 Posts
The top can be adjusted. I know I read how to do it on CorvetteForum.com, but I did a quick search over there and couldn't recover the thread. That said, there are a series of adjustment steps and any shop that specializes in convertible tops should be able to adjust it quickly. Sealant is not the answer as you already know.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
it definetly can be fixed but u may have to take it to a tech / ? is it the weather stipping ? some times they shim that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts