Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2008 the Cadillac 3.6L DOHC engine (LY7)that been around for a few years now and used in lots of different vehicles get upgraded(LLT)

The engine is still 3.6L with VVT but now also gets Direct Injection(SIDI). This gives the little engine a boost to 302hp!!

Cadillac is also debuting its new Active Steering. This system "actively" controls front wheel steering angle without input from the driver, in conjunction with Stabilitrack this system can actual turn or unturn(?) the front wheels without input from the driver, if it thinks the front wheels should be turned farther to accomplish what it thinks you want to do it can actually turn them without you even knowing, there always remains a mechanical failsafe connection between the steering wheel and the steering rack but the car controls steering angle, not you! Yes its essentially steer-by-wire.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
LS9 from SS. I think.

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Great news about the new engine!
:thumbsup:

As for that wacky steering thing, I think GM should buy back there old D body fleet woods and sell them with this new engine installed, People should be the ones in control of the car.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Going home yesterday, a CTS-V was headed in the other direction, only this was no ordinary CTS-V...thing sounded MEAN! Didn't get a chance to get up next to him, though...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Because of those spy photog reports we got of a supercharger whine with CTS-v test cars, I wonder if they were being used as powertrain mules for SS Vette powertrain development.

The current concensus seems to be that the 09 CTS-V will get the LS7 505hp engine. That makes Lutz' comment that the CTS-V would have a lot more hp than expected, and more than the 500 hp M-5 inconsistent though.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Because of those spy photog reports we got of a supercharger whine with CTS-v test cars, I wonder if they were being used as powertrain mules for SS Vette powertrain development.

The current concensus seems to be that the 09 CTS-V will get the LS7 505hp engine. That makes Lutz' comment that the CTS-V would have a lot more hp than expected, and more than the 500 hp M-5 inconsistent though.
Cadillac engineering is committed to Forced Induction to compete with MB and BMW.

I think there will be more than one SC car in the Caddy line up before the end of next year.

:cheers:

·
Registered
347 Posts
About time with the steering upgrade, the steering on my 06 CTS is shitty and loose.

And the V6, that's some good news.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While there has been no official word yet on what engine the CTS-V will get(or even that there will be a CTS-V for that matter) I did find one very telling piece of information on a GM website. This particular site listed a links to Edmunds.com that stated the CTS-V would have the LS9, a supercharged 6.2L. This may sound like no big deal except for the fact that like I mentioned GM isnt even acknowledging that the CTS-V or LS9 even exist, and here on a GM internal website is a link to Edmunds, I think thats about as official as it gets.

Also the CTS has a totally badass new radio/entertainment option, its called HDD. read this:

"The all-new CTS can be equipped with one of the industry's first applications of an HDD, or Hard Drive Device. Essentially an on board computer, the 40-gigabyte drive is packaged with the surround sound stereo system and navigation system. Access to the hard drive is achieved through a telescoping touch-screen infotainment display. Digital audio/MP3 files can be downloaded via a USB jack for storage and playback. Additionally, music from CDs can be downloaded to and stored on the hard drive, as can DVD map data. The HDD also will have digital audio recording capability, enabling listeners to pause and record audio broadcasts of any kind, at any time"

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 6.2L supercharged CTS-V would certainly be a 'take no prisoners' approach, especially if they have solved the rear/wheelhop issues.

I agree the entertainment system also sounds like 'they got it' in terms of what is needed.

Got this banner in a mailer today on the CTS:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Something of interesting note:

Yesterday while driving home through Tecumseh, MI, I saw a white 08 CTS!:surprised At first I thought maybe I was having an extremely rare vehicle-misidentification(;) ), but as we passed it I looked at the rear-end and sure enough it said "CTS." It was dirty and looked like it had a lot of miles, probably a test-vehicle. Come to think of it, with Autoweek and Automobile magazine headquaters being in Ann Arbor, about 35min away, maybe some car-rag guys were getting a bite to eat while doing a test of the car.:huh:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Let me tell you what, that vehicle looks even better in person.:partyon: It is a sick vehicle.:devil: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
:agree:

I saw one at an auto show a few months back. It is a very nice car. The V should be fairly impressive.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm a big fan of the new CTS.

I'm waiting to see one in person this coming month and order an awd 3.6 liter DI 300hp .

At the show it was hot. I just want to see the new CTS before I orrder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts