Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and thank you for reading my thread. Can you confirm this is the CTS?
So I purchased a 1984 Corvette just 2 weeks ago and have been working on it ever since, catching it up on all the maintenance. It has been neglected for many years. It does run and drive, but other than that, all the wear out items needed replacing. What I am working on now is replacing the Coolant Temperature Sensor on the front of the engine. I have watched a couple videos on line, though theres didnt show it to have a cover over it. I just want to verify that this is the part that I think it is and presume I need to pop off the cover that is on it now. The yellow and black wire goes to this part. It is in the right location. Hard to tell it in the photo, but the larger part of it is towards the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Why are you changing it ? The c4's run hot to begin with. The fans dont come on till almost 230 deg. My neighbor swore his 87 was over heating, it wasn't, I tried to explain the temp was normal.Even with the reverse flow cooling system on my 2n gen LT1 the fans come on at 228 & cut off at 215.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts