Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know what all the posts I've found say but is 235-240 really a safe running temp? It will drop considerably when I get moving but sitting still it climbs. Also, any thoughts on wiring a switch to my fan and turning it on and off when I want?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
How long since you cleaned all the crap out of the front of the radiator ( restricts air flow ) and flushed cooling system?
At what temp does your fan run?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleaned the radiator about a month ago when I did the waterpump. Straightened fins and compressed air to front and back. Wasn't bad really, I'm in Florida so not much there. I am going to let the car run in the driveway today and see what the gauge says when the fan kicks on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
228 on the gauge and the fan kicks right on. So I guess no problem other than me not liking to see the temp climb that high.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I cleaned the radiator about a month ago when I did the waterpump. Straightened fins and compressed air to front and back. Wasn't bad really, I'm in Florida so not much there. I am going to let the car run in the driveway today and see what the gauge says when the fan kicks on.
Also remember the gauge may no longer be accurate.Many have been caught out thinking they have overheating problems only to find the gauge is wrong

·
Registered
267 Posts
I put an analog gauge in the car with a sender plunged into a T-tube in wich i put a new 185 thermistor ,now fans come on at 185 and i can double ceck Temperature digital vs analog

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
El☠Diablo;1853673 said:
i would swap out the thermostat , my car used to run at 238 once i changed the thermostat the running temp is 185, its a cheap part and fairly easy to replace
So, since the fan kicks on at 227 does your fan just never kick on?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would also consider adding Redline water wetter to the cooling system. When I had the 93 it helped by about 10 degrees. Keep in mind the LT1 C4 is designed to run at hotter temps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts