Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so please don't flame me. I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Is there any aftermarket equipment that can make the C6 seats air cooled (new seats,kit?)? I live in the Midwest (IL) and the last thing I'm going to do is drive my vette in the winter or on cold days, therefore I have no need for the heated seats option that come with the 3LT package.

Just asking..

I did a quick search and found others asking the same (albeit from quite a while ago).

Thanks for any help

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Welcome to DC :cheers:

Not sure if they do or not, I'll try to find out by tomorrow at the latest if nobody else knows :huh:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Welcome to DC... have not seen any thing like that..

·
Banned
972 Posts
I dont think so

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome. I've seen the "seat" addon/cushions that you can buy that connect via the lighter, but i'm not interested in those.

Boy it feels good to be amongst some people that have a love for the "greatest" American car (imo). :partyon:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Welcome to the site, I have never seen anything like that in a 'Vette, Benz's yes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cooled Seats are a wonderful thing. They make far more sense in a covette than heated seats since we are more likey to drive around in the summer. I have heated and cooled seats in my Expedition and they are a godsend if you live in warm climates... they should put that on the wishlist for the C7! Generally they channel A/C air to the seat... sounds like a big job for a retro-fit but it would be worth the effort... good luck.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE, would love to find ac seats for a vette. Try black car black seats and of all places TX. HMMMMM maybe I should come up with a seat like that$$$$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts

That is a good idea.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
This is my first post, so please don't flame me. I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Is there any aftermarket equipment that can make the C6 seats air cooled (new seats,kit?)? I live in the Midwest (IL) and the last thing I'm going to do is drive my vette in the winter or on cold days, therefore I have no need for the heated seats option that come with the 3LT package.

Just asking..

I did a quick search and found others asking the same (albeit from quite a while ago).

Thanks for any help
You may use the heated seats more than you realize. I love driving with the windows down and the top off and when the temp is cooler in the evening especially when you have a girl in the car the heated seats make the experience much more enjoyable. Have fun with the car!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may use the heated seats more than you realize. I love driving with the windows down and the top off and when the temp is cooler in the evening especially when you have a girl in the car the heated seats make the experience much more enjoyable. Have fun with the car!
That's a good point, but I usually don't drive my vette in the evening, I'm usually on my bike. Those seats defintely dont come in handy at high noon! :D

Tom_Slick:"Try A/C and tinted windows!"

That's the point of the cooled seats. The A/C can get pretty chilly! They're more for me and not the other passenger (my wife in this case). She'd prefer to have the windows down, but I can still keep cool(er) with those seats.

MEATHEAD1 has the right idea! Let me in on that patent / aftermarket product! :cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have read that A/C seats have their own system (compressor/evaporator/condenser) all usually under the seat. I checked under my seats and there is not a whole lot of room. On a side note, the same article also mentioned that a/c seats make more sense than an a/c system because they actually cool you off better and because the compressor runs off an electric motor you get less parasitic losses and better gas mileage. The article also mentioned the added weight and being as weight concious as the vette is I doubt we will see them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When I Was Looking I Thought The Cadie Equivalent (xke Or Something Like That) Had Cooled Seats. Maybe That Could Be A Retro Fit Somehow???? Or Maybe The 08's Will Come Out With Cooled Seats In The 4lt???? Some Thoughts To Ponder Anyway.

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
I have read that A/C seats have their own system (compressor/evaporator/condenser) all usually under the seat. I checked under my seats and there is not a whole lot of room. On a side note, the same article also mentioned that a/c seats make more sense than an a/c system because they actually cool you off better and because the compressor runs off an electric motor you get less parasitic losses and better gas mileage. The article also mentioned the added weight and being as weight concious as the vette is I doubt we will see them.

Welcome to DC Genius74. Gotta say I agree with everything FireLikeIya posted. I live in So Cal so I know how nice they would be, but I don't see it happening in a vette.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to DC Genius74. Gotta say I agree with everything FireLikeIya posted. I live in So Cal so I know how nice they would be, but I don't see it happening in a vette.
Thanks for the welcome. I can agree with that as well (FireLikeIya's comments). I didn't think of it that way. It would be great though if it's offered on further vettes, i guess all current ones are out (in a sense).

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I can agree with that as well (FireLikeIya's comments). I didn't think of it that way. It would be great though if it's offered on further vettes, i guess all current ones are out (in a sense).
Unless they can make a seat A/C unit that weighs only a couple of pounds, I don't see them ever on a vette. Weight is the enemy of performance and efficiency.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I know for a fact that someone on this site has added cooling to a '98 pace car's seats. I'm not sure if they're just ventilated or have AC. I wish I knew the user name, but they haven't posted on here in a while. Anybody know who I'm talking about? In any event, it CAN be done, but I couldn't tell you the amount of work or cost involved (suffice it to say they did it themselves).
~Rob :huh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless they can make a seat A/C unit that weighs only a couple of pounds, I don't see them ever on a vette. Weight is the enemy of performance and efficiency.
Very good point. I could stop eating doughnuts in the summer months and only 3 beers per night! :cheers:

I'll leave this idea alone for now. Time to move on to the upgrading of the audio. I'll have to watch the wieght here as well.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts