Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about wiring my radiator cooling fans to come on as soon as the car is started. Is their a down side to doing this other than wear and tear to the fan motors?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
why dont you just do a thermostat and set them to come on early thats what i have and i couldnt be happier

i see you live in wisconsin so what are you going to do in the winter now im sure you dont drive it around but when you start it up just to get the parts moving?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cold weather warm up

I am thinking about wiring my radiator cooling fans to come on as soon as the car is started. Is their a down side to doing this other than wear and tear to the fan motors?
You live in Cold country and as suggested, you may want to just reprogram the fans. The car needs to warm up as soon as possible to operating temp. I reset the fans and only went down to a 180F thermo as thats just about right for these cars. They always will run hotter than that at speed but again the engine needs to come to a complete warm up ASAP.:agree: :buhbye:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was wondering about this, too, actually. My car usually runs right at 220 in city driving, in high 90's/low 100's temps.

Just this morning the car was saying it was 94 degrees outside, and I did a first/second gear roll on against a 05/06 GTO and the temp went up to 230, which is as high as I've ever seen it. I don't know if my car has a thermostat or not, but I'm guessing not! A friend has the HPTuner and I saw the option to turn the high/low fans on at different times, but he doesn't have the correct software for my Z (he's a same year, but WS6 T/A) to make the change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts