Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm having some problems here. I'm a newb to driving in comparison to most of you. I'm having a very difficult time learning how to do a brake stand. For some reason I can't work all three pedals at the same time. Am I missing something. Can anyone lay out the best way to do a brake stand and/or burn out. All this talk about Patrick's killer burnout had got me thinking. And I remembered that I absolutely suck at that.

Thanks guys,

Josh

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm having some problems here. I'm a newb to driving in comparison to most of you. I'm having a very difficult time learning how to do a brake stand. For some reason I can't work all three pedals at the same time. Am I missing something. Can anyone lay out the best way to do a brake stand and/or burn out. All this talk about Patrick's killer burnout had got me thinking. And I remembered that I absolutely suck at that.

Thanks guys,

Josh
Toe and heel!

Left foot on the clutch, right foot toes on the brake pedal and the heel on the throttle. Press the brake with toes, raise revs with heel to about 4-5000 rpm and meet with clutch firmly. If car starts to move, press brake more. If rear tyres won't spin, release pressure on the brakes.

Remember that the front brakes are set up to be much more effective than the rear brakes, which is why this works.

Try doing it on wet tarmac (or bitumen or asphalt or whatever you call it in the US). It will help.

At least this is how I do it and it works...

Well, unless you have an automatic, which makes it much easier. Press the brakes, raise revs as much as you can and slowly releas brake pressure until wheels starts to spin. Again, wet tarmac helps.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:
Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get my Z back.

Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts