Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my 2008 Atomic Orange coupe on order, I'm beginning to look at some additional things for my new toy. The dealer is recommending a Corsa touring exhaust and the SLP Blackwing air intake system. With the car running @ altitude (Denver CO and surrounding mountain areas) I like the idea of both. Has anyone made these conversions and with what results? I'm 53 years old and I want a car that I can drive, mostly taking weekend trips up to the moutains. Not looking for anything that will "droan" at highway speeds.

Any help from all of you out there is always appreciated!
Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Corsa doesn't drone. I have sports and I like mine. If you have an A6 besure to get the A6 Sports. They are like the touring in that they have a forward resonator but it is made special for the auto A6.

:cheers:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have Corsa Sports on my car for almost 3 years, made a great difference in the sound, but could not feel any difference in performance. Then when SLP Blavkwing finaly became available I put one on imediately. Man did that wake up the car.
I guess the combo of getting more air in and letting it out faster was the thing to do!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have Bullets and Aircharger--basically same setup. Definite improvement if you open the shroud--or cut it, to get outside air to the filter.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I've been completely satisfied with Corsa Performance on 4 different C5's and 3 different C6 Vettes. Wouldn't even consider any other brand.

Zippy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I agree, go Corsa and you won't be sorry. Its quiet when touring but loud when you want it to be. It doesn't produce much noticable HP though.

I'd love to hear if the SLP really makes a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts