Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m looking for someone that has had first hand experience with both a Z06 titanium exhaust and a Corsa Touring exhaust on their C5 Vette. I would like to know what the sound and volume differences are between these two exhaust systems. :lookinup:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Hello,
I’m looking for someone that has had first hand experience with both a Z06 titanium exhaust and a Corsa Touring exhaust on their C5 Vette. I would like to know what the sound and volume differences are between these two exhaust systems. :lookinup:
I like my Titanium exhaust. But I've not heard the Corsa.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what is the performance and sound diffrence on the zo6 vs. c5? is the c5/zo6 exhaust (titamium) really a good upgrade for a stock c5 or would it be better to just get an aftermarket like borla or corsa?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a little experience with both.

I originally had B&B Bullets on my Z06 (with LG pro long tubes, vararam).
It was loud, but not too bad. Some resonance at 2500-3000 rmp, but I lived with it.

I then installed a heads/cam from LG's (G5X1-E/AFR 205's). The B&B Bullets were WAY too loud now. The resonance rattled everything in the car.... :down:

I went back to the Z06 Titanium and I was shocked at how quiet they were even at WOT. I could berely even notice I had a cam in there. :down:

I then went to the Corsa Touring. They were a nice mix between the B&B and the Z06 Ti's. The Corsa is LOUD at WOT, and a nice rumbly volume level at idle. Not too loud, not too quiet. Its somewhere in the middle of the other 2 exhausts. The best thing is that they emit NO resonance at any RPM ! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps !
Toque

VIDEOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTt8aS0h9eM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vml5X0m9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZV2qkA8WTk

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree with Torque....Corsa is a great mix between loud and a steady tone. Ive got the indy pace system look into it those too. Its really loud when you take it to 6rpms. But you can hardly hear it crusing at 2.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hello,
I can't speak on the Z06 titanium exhaust, but I have a Corsa Touring system on my '04 Coupe and couldn't be more satisfied. Of course, what exhaust you like is a matter of personal taste. If you like your exhaust note loud and agressive (which, considering your listed choices, I would think that you are not one that "likes it loud and proud":D ) then Borla Stingers or B&B Bullets would be more to your liking. If you are like me, (my Vette is practically a daily driver) then you don't want your "baby" to sound like a NASCAR racer everytime you go down the road.

Don't mean to go off-subject here, but IMHO, Corvettes were meant to be aggressive yet refined. No knock on folks who like it loud, 'cause there are some sweet sounding exhaust systems that are quite aggressive and I can see the reason(s) for putting that kind of system on a Vette, but I want my sports car to sound like a sports car, agressive at WOT and just a hint of V8 rumble at cruise and idle. If this describes your style, then the Corsa Touring is choice I would make!;) Additionally, I know a few guys that bought C5 Z06s and all of them scrapped the stock titanium for a more aggressive system (the Z06 is, after all, meant to be a street racer, so why not make it sound like one) GM Direct carries Corsas and if you have a warranty on your C5, then the Corsa will be covered if you get it from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts