Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The people from hot rod claim they talked to gm about vettepower.This is what they said the 7.0 will be replaced by a 6.2 in Zo6. The bores will be smallerfor rigiditywhich is needed for a blower .The configuration is like the Lc3 northstar in the cad sts v it is a roots blower.The cad is a 4.4 at 469 hp the Z06 will be 650hp at 600 lb of torque. Active fuel management will be in place. Now on the Camaro side of this there will be 2 v 6 engins and three v 8 e4ngins one of which includes a 550 hp version of the supercharged 6.2 L for high content Z28 . Base engin we all know will be 400hp in 2009. Rember now this is from Hot Rod mag True or False. :huh:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Exactly none of that sounds right.

The Chevy SS will have the 6.2 with a blower putting 600-650 ponies (most likely)
The base engine for the Camaro will be the 3.9....not bad, at lease its cheap. That is the only confirmed engine I know of. I figure the next engine would be the 5.3 V8 for about 25 grand. Maybe, I dunno.

But your figures sounded way off.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
corvette2009 from hot rod mag

Just reading what hot rod mag had to say. Like I said true or false and I still say nobody still knows the real deal with the vette or camaro.:huh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to Scott Settlemire, the new Camaro will be getting an engine that is not in any vehicle right now and this includes the LS9. Hot Rod magazine is just like the majority of the other car mags out there, they come up with their own speculations to try and sell magazines. Personally Id love to see the Camaro SS get the LS9. :devil:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Exactly none of that sounds right.

The Chevy SS will have the 6.2 with a blower putting 600-650 ponies (most likely)
The base engine for the Camaro will be the 3.9....not bad, at lease its cheap. That is the only confirmed engine I know of. I figure the next engine would be the 5.3 V8 for about 25 grand. Maybe, I dunno.

But your figures sounded way off.
:agree:

·
Banned
334 Posts
My Opinion on HPs

I think the 436 hp will be standard and also the exhaust that makes it 436. I think they'll try to limit the family of engines to a minimum because of money.
Why have 400, 430, 436, etc. I think they'll change the Z06 to still be the strongest with the exception of maybe a couple of "mystery" limited models with alot of horsepower. As for looks who knows. The Cadillac XLR isn't selling very well. They might use stuff from that car (Heaven Forbid).

ww:crazy:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Just reading what hot rod mag had to say. Like I said true or false and I still say nobody still knows the real deal with the vette or camaro.:huh:
Other than I want a new Camaro...this I know for sure!!!

·
Banned
334 Posts
Poor Folks in '09

Very cool!
It sounds like someone like me ISOOL when it comes to a nice 190 mph targa top Corvette next year. I guess everyone has a 100,000 grand to spend on something they don't know what it is yet. I was looking forward to a standard coupe with 430hp tricked out like I like it delivered to the museum. I was thinking about 55-57 for my car with a good discount from here or Rick but all I hear is space ship talk an $150,00-$100,00 and cars with the capabilityto go 240 miles an hour. Time will tell for us low rent guys. Maybe they'll price me right out of the game. I know one person that will be happy.
If they do toyota's working on a hybrid SUPRA with 400 h.p. that car from what I've seen would suit me just fine. I know what I want but I ain't hearing nothing about it yet. Any comments would be appreciated.

'08 guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Z28 will most likely get the LS3 but the horsepower may be down from the Corvette due to exhaust and intake restrictions...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think the new Camaro looks awesome. The only issue I have with it is that it will be just like the Mustang.... One on every street corner and will most likely be offered as a six cylinder as well as an eight, cheapening the car.

At least when the Camaro comes out it will be rightly compared to the Mustang, it's true Nemesis. Tired of hearing enthusiast comparing the Mustang to the Vette. There is no comparison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts