I want it!! I want it!!:D
Will be very expensiv to ship to holland...:(

But it looks to cool!!
So i want it!
Wouldn't it look good under the holiday tree?? :excited:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yeah! That would look super onder it, but then i have to wait so long and i want it fast!

Here's my plan with it: at this point i work in a librairy and we have some exebition space free at the end of the year(sep.-nov.) and then i want to make a composision of corvette's, like models, books, magazines and a lot of other stuff.:partyon:

So i want it, i want it!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
I "subscribed" to this train from Hawthorne Village. Costly. Good quality. No logic to the vettes. Engine, auxiliary engine, five depressed flatcars and a caboose. Each flatcar has a "back board" with the corvette logo and the year of the vette displayed on the car. Here's what's odd / uninformed about this set. This is the 50th anniversary Corvette set but the vettes are:
1953 C1 (makes sense)
1957 C1 (significant but why 1 of only 5)
1963 C2 (makes sense)
1969 C3 (OK, but should be 1st year '68)
1997 C5 (First Year OK, but shouldn't this be the '03 Anniv?)

Where's the C4???!!

Clearly they struck a deal with Ertl for their vettes and Ertl didn't make a C4. They did make only those years.

So I have decided that this year I will fix Hawthorne's mistake.
More later if anyone is interested.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I am working on putting together a complete set myself off ebay lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
I "subscribed" to this train from Hawthorne Village. Costly. Good quality. No logic to the vettes. Engine, auxiliary engine, five depressed flatcars and a caboose. Each flatcar has a "back board" with the corvette logo and the year of the vette displayed on the car. Here's what's odd / uninformed about this set. This is the 50th anniversary Corvette set but the vettes are:
1953 C1 (makes sense)
1957 C1 (significant but why 1 of only 5)
1963 C2 (makes sense)
1969 C3 (OK, but should be 1st year '68)
1997 C5 (First Year OK, but shouldn't this be the '03 Anniv?)

Where's the C4???!!

Clearly they struck a deal with Ertl for their vettes and Ertl didn't make a C4. They did make only those years.

I agree but my choice would be to just go with a different theme and have flat cars displaying: 53, 58(1st year of major body style change double headlamps etc) 63, 68,84,97,05,14. the 53 and 58 are so different the 58 should have been called c-2 but the "c" designation didn't really mean much untill the C-5 came out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have you guys seen the Faller car system. n-scale and all the cars are German but I've seen some modded to look like American cars. It would be cool to build an n-scale Vette by modding a similiar sized Faller Euro car. Check out the Faller Car System on youtube. They may have HO-scale by now. Damn now I feel my model train addiction kicking in again. Happens every X-mas Season. As if Corvette Fever wasn't bad enough. That acts up in the Summer time.

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Yeah, they are pretty elaborate, expensive and a challenge to master, from what I understand. To the best of my knowledge the vehicles are all 1:87 (HO). If they have N scale, I've not seen it, or didn't realize I was looking at N at the time. I'll have to do some more searches on YouTube. Plenty of layouts there. These are NOT race cars, they move rather slowly, but when mastered, can create some realistic activities in an HO layout.

It might be nice to augment the HO layout with a couple of these. The challenge would be fun. But I much prefer the opposite end of the spectrum - simple, fast, cheap (relatively) and lots of fun, HO & 1:64 slots. The little ones can also be more involved with slots and even learn about momentum and hand / eye coordination.

JMHO

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
I stand corrected. Faller does offer several trucks and buses in N scale, but their HO offerings are far more substantial.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Yeah, they are pretty elaborate, expensive and a challenge to master, from what I understand. To the best of my knowledge the vehicles are all 1:87 (HO). If they have N scale, I've not seen it, or didn't realize I was looking at N at the time. I'll have to do some more searches on YouTube. Plenty of layouts there. These are NOT race cars, they move rather slowly, but when mastered, can create some realistic activities in an HO layout.

It might be nice to augment the HO layout with a couple of these. The challenge would be fun. But I much prefer the opposite end of the spectrum - simple, fast, cheap (relatively) and lots of fun, HO & 1:64 slots. The little ones can also be more involved with slots and even learn about momentum and hand / eye coordination.

JMHO
I miss the old 1:87 scale slots, still have a bunch of my old Tyco US-1 Trucking set.

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
The 1:87 / 1:64 scale [Aurora - Tyco - etc] are alive and well on ebay.

Auto World is even producing new cars and making chassis based on the originals. AFX / Tomy is producing newer tech, faster than ever chassis. Lots of people are making resin bodies that fit various chassis. I have a "car lot" full of C6 vettes including ZR1 Vettes and the Concept Stingray (transformers movie) - all in "HO" scale.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Where's the C4???!!

Hi Longtimer, waz up bud....:partyon:

Ertl has many 1/18 c4's...
84-Red
Black
silver-007 James Bond
bronze
gold chase car
85-dark blue
86-yellow
red with white stripes- red line

I wasn't sure on what scale that you guys are referring to...:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Hi Longtimer, waz up bud....:partyon:

Ertl has many 1/18 c4's...
84-Red
Black
silver-007 James Bond
bronze
gold chase car
85-dark blue
86-yellow
red with white stripes- red line

I wasn't sure on what scale that you guys are referring to...:cheers:
Thanks Kev, but we are referring to the HO scale Hawthorne Village 50th Anniv Corvette train. Hawthorne used Ertl's 1:64 and these are a bit larger than hot wheels as a comparison. As far as I can tell (searching ebay several times) Ertl didn't make a 1:64 scale C4.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Also, I wonder how many "Barack Obama "Movement for Change" train sets they sold? :laughing:

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/1400906016_barack-obama-train-set.html
They had a problem with those... They were 50 times the price of the others, it didn't fit the track you already had, and on their track, no electricity could get through to the engine. Those who wanted it had to wait and wait and the orders kept getting screwed up.

I notice they are 70% discounted. Isn't that about the number of percentage points he's dropped in approval rating? ...or is that the percentage of people who were unemployed when he took office and still don't have jobs?

;)

Ooops - sorry Politics don't belong on this thread.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The Corvettes are not the same scale as the rail cars. For the price they are asking, the scale should be correct.

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
There is less selection in 1:76 vettes than even Ertl's offerings in their "large" 1:64. The higher detailed Hot Wheels sized cars look more at home on the rail cars. JMHO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts