Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anybody successfully ever changed the fuel lines on a 90 vette. Mine is weeping very slightly from somewhere up near the top of the tank. I think that all the line needs to be changed up to the filter due to quite a lot of corrosion from winter salt here in the uk.
Thanks in advance.
Chas

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
if it's weeping from the top of the tank area it might not be the steel lines. There are hoses connecting the lines and a gas tank gasket that could more readily be the culprit. plus if the sender unit is leaking out the top or you spill gas it could trickle down the tank..

Doubtful one or two years of salt would corrode thru a line.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I'm pretty sure that it's the pipe that is leaking. The car has been owned by me for around fifteen years now, so plenty of salt got on it. How do people fit a steel line to these cars? The only way I see is to drop the whole back end down. Failing that it would have to be rubber tube from the tank to the sill. It seems this would be the preferred way to go for me
Thanks
Chas

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Not sure of the exact way it routes but if it seems you have to remove or lower the tank plan on full weekend or more if things break. but the task is fairly straight forward... just getting to the nuts to remove the rear end is a PITA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts