Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Sorry again! Not real.

That pic was stolen from this magazine cover, then photoshop'd (not very good either) to try to fool you.

And, we now know that those headlights are wrong.

Before ya think it's the real thing, let us see it first! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I believe it's the ohter way around -- the magazine cover was photoshop'd from the photo I provided. First of all, the setting of the photo is from the General motors design studio (the signature hex-brick and rotating platform on the ground is a giveaway -- see the included refence photo of another GM vehicle and compare). Secondly, if you look carefully, the reflections of the stone can be seen in the cars lower body area, both in this photo and the magazine cover. This may not be the final design, but it was probably sourced from someone within GM.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
It's not a photo, it's a graphic rendering. That car in that picture does not exist, as it was created on a computer.

Also, the magazine cover was actually put together 3 months ago, well prior to the creation of the pic you posted.

I think it's a great piece of artwork (the car), but don't think for a second that an artist with good talent can't fool you.

I can take the picture of that car above, put it on a sandy beach in the bahama's, have a beautiful woman on the hood, and a huge aluminum wing on the back, and it'd look more convincing then the C6 photoshop on the bricks.

For instance, look at this. I did this photoshop in 10 minutes. If I gave it an hour there is no way you couldn't tell it wasn't real.

Photo manipulation is easy, we can't believe everything we see, particulary C6 stuff.

Also, I did this C6 pic a year ago, I recieved 100 e-mails from people asking me where the car was unveiled, or if I wanted to sell rights to the photo. But, that was just 30 minutes of photo manipulation.... funny eh?

·
Registered
393 Posts
All of these are better than the C6 that may have those lights we already know.
Convince me with a photochop that something good might come out from those lights.
PLEEEASE, I'm begging you!!!!!!
I'm scared what the C6 might look like........ :(

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Lol Patrick when did you make that Vette floating pic. Thats great.:rolling:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Patrick, this is the first C6 chop that got me interested in both DC and the C6 Corvette in general. Ever since I saw it I have been dreaming C6's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
15 min later, what do you know. Arnold and Davis are at it in front of the Corvette National Museum. Thought you might get a kick out of that, all you california folk'

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
TreCool626 said:
Patrick, this is the first C6 chop that got me interested in both DC and the C6 Corvette in general. Ever since I saw it I have been dreaming C6's.
That is the first C-6 chop I had see also. Takes lots of talent.
Theres no doubt that first pic is a chop looks cool but still a photoshop.

I love the floating C-2 kinda Back-To-The -Futureish.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I assume that if Chroom & Vlammen had that picture on the cover, then they probably had at least one other picture inside - quite probably the full photo used by Autospies - and of course it would have been cropped for the cover.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
MIKESHARDTOP said:
15 min later, what do you know. Arnold and Davis are at it in front of the Corvette National Museum. Thought you might get a kick out of that, all you california folk'
:rolling: :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
TreCool626 said:
Wow! Thanks! And, we're glad it was enough to have you join the crew.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
thegriffon said:
I assume that if Chroom & Vlammen had that picture on the cover, then they probably had at least one other picture inside - quite probably the full photo used by Autospies - and of course it would have been cropped for the cover.
Like everyone has been saying, its not a photo. Its a concept made on a computer

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yellow Concept is Hot!

Pat,
That yellow concept is excellent. I WISH they made that car. It has a great wedge shape. The shape shows power and V8 muscle. Unlike the "roundy/bubbly" C6 test cars we have been seeing. For example look at a 2003 Merceses SL 500 compared to the 1990-2002 shape. The older shape was angular and somewhat mean looking. The new one gets to rounded and passenger car-ish look looking (which makes it lose the high horsepower/exotic look). Same holds ture with the C6 vette the rounded look (C3 wanna be front fenders etc) look a bit out of place especially when other parts of the car are angular. My fovorit car body of all time is the lambo Countach which was inspired by jet fights when designed. GM needs to get into the high tech and angular mindset..in my humble opinion. Any one else feel the same?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
You have to ask yourself.
What does an exotic car look like?
Wasn't the C5 exotic when it first came out?
Now it's a car you see several times everyday.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Jlreyna said:
You have to ask yourself.
What does an exotic car look like?
Wasn't the C5 exotic when it first came out?
Now it's a car you see several times everyday.
Or in my case, at every stop light. DAMN I'm glad to have a GS. I see lots of C4's also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.