Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Corvette c6 z51 2005
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My corvette c6 2005 z51 mn6 won't start just click I test the battery and alternator both fine key fob also fine clutch also fine fuse box good condition message shows in the dic / column lock service /service vihcle soon / service antilock brake / shocks inoperative ; I connected the column lock bypass still not starting ; when I bypass the starter relay it starts.
Any idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. My corvette c6 2005 z51 mn6 won't start just click I test the battery and alternator both fine key fob also fine clutch also fine fuse box good condition message shows in the dic / column lock service /service vihcle soon / service antilock brake / shocks inoperative ; I connected the column lock bypass still not starting ; when I bypass the starter relay it starts.
Any idea
Your starter Solenoid has failed - very common issue. The biggest issue you will have is how you want to correct it. The dealership will tell you that it is non repairable and you have to buy the starter and solenoid as one unit. ( about 600 dollars ) . If you are on a budget , the C5 solenoid will work ( has two top posts ) . What you do is cut the push in plug on the C6 and attach the wires to the post. Have done this process hundreds of times for people with no issues . The new solienoid is under 20 dollars

1 - 2 of 2 Posts