1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,386 Posts
Yep, I'm going to jump right on that one. Right, I'm for sure going to send them $150 and wait until February for them to send it:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, February. Some are avid collectors of diecasts, some could care less about 'toys,' but I think most are somewhere in between - they have a few sitting around, maybe in their Man Cave.

Kind of interesting how GM has changed their policy about supporting diecasts. The C6 was gradually unwrapped until about a month before the NAIAS debut when GM was shooting a future Super Bowl commercial in SF on a (they thought) deserted Sunday in the business district. Regardless, in less than a month of the debut Mattel had released both 1:18 and 1:64. GM had obviously been working with Mattel for quite some time. Yet there were no leaks from the toy company.

Digital Corvettes showed a detailed, perfect drawing of the C7 a year before its debut. But the diecasts for the C7 came 4-5 months after the debut. Leaks about the C8, as you know, seemed to be completely controlled by GM and February would be 7 months.

I made this for my office at work with my 1:18:

I'm into HO Slot Cars. There are a lot of guys who make good quality castings from the 1:64 diecasts. Most of the slot manufacturers have made a variety of Vettes over the last 6 decades and I have examples of most. However, the C5 was the last one a manufacturer produced. Below are some of my C6s - base, Z06 and ZR1 cast by private parties that I painted in real Corvette colors and clearcoated. My toys:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,386 Posts
Nice collection:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but that's just about 2/3 of the C6s. I was bit hard as a kid and picked it up again about 15 years ago. Most are packed away. Below is a pic of the ones not packed away. It's out of date. I now devote one case to each generation except one gen. Looking forward to a C8 case!

When I took this pic, I had 6 more in my work room.

Nothing more on my other hobby, I promise.

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
UPDATE: $29.95 for a 1/18 coming but when???

Maisto Diecast 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe

ALSO - I have learned that Auto World will be the first to sell the 1:64 scale diecast C8. It will have an opening rear hatch/hood and show a shallow engine with little detail. Unfortunately, AutoWorld's 1/64 tends to be a tad on the big side compared to Hot Wheels and most others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts