Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first picture thread. If you are on dial-up, it’s already too late.

Ok, a little background info:
Every year the Swiss Corvette Club International holds the Corvette Euro Meet at a race track. They have had it at different places, but the last years, Hockenheim was chosen.
What’s it about? Well, they rent the track and rely on the entry fees to cover most charges.

It’s not about making money, it’s about getting Corvettes from all over Europe together. Not just Show and Shine, no, they take the Corvette where it belongs, onto the track.
Whether Slalom, Regularity, full on racing or the Show Corso, there’s something for everyone. Personally, I stick to Regularity and the Slalom. Safety measures make driving the “real” race a bit more expensive, unless you already have a suit. :D They also added a Viper Class and an All American Class. This not only brings more diversity, it also adds more funds, so that we can all keep enjoying the CEM.

This year it was WET. I was hesitant to signing up on Friday, but I knew if the track just happened to be dry and I wasn’t out there, I’d be pretty pissed at myself.
Next thing I know, I’m slip-sliding around the track. Can’t deny it was fun as hell.
The thing is, you’re all just people who love and respect your car (exceptions later…). It’s not about winning, it’s about getting a chance to drive the track without worrying about people cutting you off.

I stupidly wanted to get out of the faster cars’ way in the last corner and lost control. The car started spinning, I saw the wall on my left and the rest of the pack behind me coming around the corner. Luckily, all went well, they managed to navigate around me and I stopped facing forward, but on the other side of the track.

All in all, the weekend was loads of fun. The turnout was not as big as previous years, which I think has to do with a change in the schedule. (Having the big race on Sunday when most people need to be home in the evening…)
I’ll say more with the pics, think I’ll quit yapping. :lol:

Friday evening, technical check point.

Yes, that half sanded/primed 77 is my DD. :D

Der Dampfhammer(Steam Hammer) also known as Elsa.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now trust me, there are a lot of pics here, but I probably didn’t get half on camera, let alone into this thread. This is just a small portion.

Yeah, ummm.

Terminator.

Yes, that is a man wearing these pants.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These guys/gals came all the way from Finland. First stop Le Mans, second stop Nürburgring, third stop Hockenheim. They had a service vehicule with them, but what a trip! Great folks too and I hope to see them again next year!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, some people have no place on the race track. This guy’s ban had just been lifted the year before. You’ll soon see why.

These 2 awesome Corvettes are driven by 2 brothers.

1 complete idiot + 2 guys out having fun = a very sad equation.
Apparently the 2 Appenzeller brothers were coming up the start/finish straight alongside each other when Feucht (the “I don’t have any words for it” idiot) decides he’ll just move in between the and head straight back onto his racing line. Luckily, there was only material damage. Please, if you are sensitive, look away or at least have some tissues ready.

Afterwards, Feucht even had the nerve to call the police and press charges. I hope he never races again.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last but not least, Geiger.
I think many of you have heard about the German Corvette tuner. I will keep my opinion to myself and just show you the pics. Seems that a high profile tuner had a little “heat issue”.

Can you believe that I was in the pits the WHOLE weekend, expect for when the crash happened and the Geiger car burned. (Geiger’s pits were right next to ours and the crash was in plain view from there.)

Ok, that was it folks. If you ever get the chance to experience the Corvette Euro Meet, don’t pass up the opportunity!

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
wow, looks like a great time! Thanks for posting.

I only recognize one other DCer's ride. GroovyJay's black C3 with 20" TTII's and sidepipes. (posted after the 2 guys from Finland)

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Great shots!

Now.. where are the shots with you holding a big stein of beer!!
and some cuties with the vette's too!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Wow! Now that's how it's done, rain or shine. Especially for those older Vettes, show up those garage queens.

Taking the Corvette where it truly belongs, on the track with other Corvettes.

:cheers:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow, looks like a great time! Thanks for posting.

I only recognize one other DCer's ride. GroovyJay's black C3 with 20" TTII's and sidepipes. (posted after the 2 guys from Finland)
Could it be that GroovyJay is Finnish? :laughing:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! Now that's how it's done, rain or shine. Especially for those older Vettes, show up those garage queens.

Taking the Corvette where it truly belongs, on the track with other Corvettes.

:cheers:
Amen to that! :cheers:

And for the waxers, there is a Show and Shine and the Show Corso. (3 laps around the track as a "parade")

The Z06 vert conversion is owned by an older gentleman. At least mid 60s. Last year, he participated in several events. Great guy to talk to. He hardly pushed the car, but he said he didn't need to, he was having fun already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts