Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my alarm goes off I get up, wash up, throw on my uniform and go into work ready for the day's struggle ahead..

Upon opening my toolbox, The man himself, Tony Gounis, The brilliant owner of vetteXperts, the legend himself came to me and said we can not leave and go to SEMA until we deliver this 1964 we are balls deep in restoring. So without delay I head straight to our forge..

Just being in this space excites the energy and magic in me and as I come alive..

I beat out this framework for an electrical center. Paint was applied with my fists..

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then I summoned my electrical magic super powers..

And created this with my very mind..

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Looks Good Wiz.

Would look good also your work in a chassis race car.

Into the Super Hero Thing I see.

The wife has a Super Hero Book series she is working on.
Couple written and published.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Wiz.

Never seen any period correct Restos.
From the Muscle Era.

Something that's not done much there ?

Or are they without Powetrains when found ?
I just don't brag on those so much but we cater to the NCRS guys, also. It's just that creativity is lost when we spend our days following such specific instructions.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I just don't brag on those so much but we cater to the NCRS guys, also. It's just that creativity is lost when we spend our days following such specific instructions.

OK.

I find it fun to hide Race Parts inside of bone stock looking as delivered engine.
As GM Delivered.
NHRA Super Stock F.A.S.T. style racing.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK.

I find it fun to hide Race Parts inside of bone stock looking as delivered engine.
As GM Delivered.
NHRA Super Stock F.A.S.T. style racing.
Well I mean we could do that. But when we do come across a customer who wants to chase power in their C2 we end up doing this type stuff top it: https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278842

Otherwise the focal point of our restorations is easy starting cold or warm, getting lost in traffic, smooth idle, no rich fuel smell anywhere at any time, ice cold and hard blowing a/c, good working brakes, and power steering. You know all the things that are important for a car to be spending time on the street. Because that is why our customers bring their cars to us. And that is why we get to do so many.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Well I mean we could do that. But when we do come across a customer who wants to chase power in their C2 we end up doing this type stuff top it: https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278842

Otherwise the focal point of our restorations is easy starting cold or warm, getting lost in traffic, smooth idle, no rich fuel smell anywhere at any time, ice cold and hard blowing a/c, good working brakes, and power steering. You know all the things that are important for a car to be spending time on the street. Because that is why our customers bring their cars to us. And that is why we get to do so many.

Probably because of the Florida Heat & Humidity.
Been told by many its unbearable .
I recall just 1 younger guy from Florida that could take it.
I called him Turbo Phil on Grumpys.
We had Fun.
Everything was Pure Race Car thoughts put on the Street.
Drag Race Street Race all that mattered to us.
All luxury & crap AC Got tossed.
Adds weight & stuff to break.
Just Power Windows stayed in a C4 Corvette, only way they came.

The entire Romance driving a vintage car to me is lost when its not Raw & does not feel and behave like a Race car.

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And on the subject of doing so many, at this time I would like to point out the name of this thread is plural. At the same time I am wrapping up this 1964, this 1978 is getting tore down in the back of the shop. In fact, in this first picture you can see the nose of the 64 I am working on in the corner of the picture..

Yes she is in ruff shape. But these are always the best jobs to do because the change is so extreme and the customers are always so happy with the end result. The motor was already swapped to a later sbc at some point but as you can see things are ruff under the hood today..

This car is getting engine and trans rebuilds and with the engine being swapped back to the correct motor for the car. And the whole suspension is getting rebuilt in house. And all of this is to be completed by Chris..

This young man is no slouch. He has been with us for a handful of years now and has peeled the bodies off of and rebuilt the frames for 14 Corvettes. At this point Chris is a force to be reckoned with. And he helps keep me on my toes about all the little differences in exterior changes in between years. He is really big on that and has a skill at knowing what year Corvette is pulling into our shop. There are 3 of us. We are the vetteXperts: http://www.corvette-performance-expert.com/

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I still need to build exhaust for the 1964. 2.25" all the way back with a pair of magnaflow mufflers and the stock tips. Behind the car Chris is working on is our wall of pipe..

And this is the weapon I use to impose my will on those 10ft sticks of pipe..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts