Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best rates for financing a 1996 GS convertible? My Credit Union is trying to rob me at 8% in my opnion.

Can anybody recommend a place? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For what it's worth, need $33-34K for 6 years, plan on paying it on in 3, car has 5K miles and every damned option offered, and black interior.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Are you buying from a dealer or from a person? From past experience I know this can play a role in intrest rates.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i thought you wanted red guts?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Do you own a house? If so check into a home equity loan or a refinance and borrow the additional for "home improvement" your gonna tell the finance company that for either of my suggestions. The interest rate should be less and will be deductible (if you itemize) and if you own a house you probably do.

8% probably is not out of line on a 7 going on 8 year old car. They don't loan on the collectibility and the fact that the value may go up. The lowest rates from those folks are for new cars, used are always more even at most banks.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kod_X said:
Are you buying from a dealer or from a person? From past experience I know this can play a role in intrest rates.
Private indidvidual.

Brian...red would be great, but black just looks better IMO.

still....don't have enough equity in the house to do what that would take. Refi'd last year and did an 80-20 split, and have been paying off the 20, but not fast enough. :cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
I just finianced a 6 year old truck for 5 years @ 3.9% a local cerdit union. I don't know if they do out of state stuff though.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Do you own a house? If so check into a home equity loan or a refinance and borrow the additional for "home improvement" your gonna tell the finance company that for either of my suggestions. The interest rate should be less and will be deductible (if you itemize) and if you own a house you probably do.

8% probably is not out of line on a 7 going on 8 year old car. They don't loan on the collectibility and the fact that the value may go up. The lowest rates from those folks are for new cars, used are always more even at most banks.
:agree:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
raidmagic said:
I just finianced a 6 year old truck for 5 years @ 3.9% a local cerdit union. I don't know if they do out of state stuff though.
3.9 % here also,two more years to go.:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
raidmagic said:
Can you tell me their name so I might call them? I've got the rates down into the 6's now. 3.9 would make my day! I'd be in the car on Saturday. :excited:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info!!! I'll check into it. :partyon:

·
Registered
27 Posts
For me, the credit union has always been the best deal given the circumstances of each loan. Don't hesitate to shop credit unions too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts