·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
424 Posts
im pretty sure they're 35w

ive put 35w and 55w HIDs in all sorts of different headlight assemblies and not once have i ever had a heat issues.

i also currently have hid's in my headlights and fog lights on my 84 with no issues to speak of.

as far as the brightness to other drivers, it will likely be uncomfortable to them in the fogs because there is no projector lens to cut off the the light.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
im pretty sure they're 35w

ive put 35w and 55w HIDs in all sorts of different headlight assemblies and not once have i ever had a heat issues.

i also currently have hid's in my headlights and fog lights on my 84 with no issues to speak of.

as far as the brightness to other drivers, it will likely be uncomfortable to them in the fogs because there is no projector lens to cut off the the light.
the 35W HID will put out less heat then the OEM 50W Halogens

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought the 50 watt little bulbs from Auto Zone, and the DIY says install a highr wattage fuse ??? .... However, after reading about LED lights, and CORVETTE HID's plug and play, I might go that route ....

Has anyone had experience with Tail Light HIDs?

Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just bought the 50 watt little bulbs from Auto Zone, and the DIY says install a highr wattage fuse ??? .... However, after reading about LED lights, and CORVETTE HID's plug and play, I might go that route ....

Has anyone had experience with Tail Light HIDs?

Thank you :thumbsup:
HID's would make horrible tail lights. They take 15-20 sec to warm up to full brightness which would be useless for a brake light.

LED on the otherhand, whole different story. Almost 0 current draw, instant on, and when used with the right lens/reflector, bright!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pleaee .....

I mean LEDs ... NOT HIDs.

Yosi at CorvetteHID.com sells LED bulbs and housing for C4 Corvettes .....

I am asking about Yosi's products, the LED Tail Lights and Fog Lights.

Here: http://www.corvettehid.com/cart/ind...id=218&zenid=64c50a81ccab98a494a752d96267e19d

And

Here: http://www.corvettehid.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=189

Please Advise -- Thank you :thumbsup:
I don't have any experience with the ebay kits or any others but I have had the HID fog lights and LED tailights from Yosi installed for awhile and haven't had any problems with either. I posted a thread about them with some pics which may be helpful to you.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147788

:cheers:

·
Registered
424 Posts
i purchased the halo early c4 led taillights from corvettehid.com with a group purchase when he first released them and they're awesome tail lights. SUPER bright and look great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've decided to install the 55 watt Auto Zone ( Sylvania ) for now .... and should I change the 10 amp fuse to a 15 or does it matter?

Question: Under the Bumper, a little door, has a bolt, what size is that? 8 mm ?

Pics to follow .....

Yosi says he no longer sells the middle Tail Light ( the cyclops eye ) ..... Any ideas ?

Maybe I should hold off and order Yosi's LED Tail lights and Fog lights?

Does ebay sell the same deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've decided to install the 55 watt Auto Zone ( Sylvania ) for now .... and should I change the 10 amp fuse to a 15 or does it matter?

Question: Under the Bumper, a little door, has a bolt, what size is that? 8 mm ?

Pics to follow .....

Yosi says he no longer sells the middle Tail Light ( the cyclops eye ) ..... Any ideas ?

Maybe I should hold off and order Yosi's LED Tail lights and Fog lights?

Does ebay sell the same deal?

Thanks
First of all, NEVER up the rating of a fuse in a fused circuit. The fuse is there for a purpose.
The key is Power Management.
What you need to do, is add up all the power requirements of each lamp in the 10A (or 120 watt) circuit, and you will see where the difference with the new lights in circuit goes over the threshold. Knowing how much over you are, is how you need to compensate with the other lights by exchanging them out with LEDs. Your tail lights are 4 watt bulbs and can be changed with less than .5 watt LEDs plus a couple of side lights and you can make up for the extra 16 or 20 watts you were over.
The numbers I just threw out there are for using the 35 watt HIDs from Yosi for fog lamps in replacement of the 27 watt type 880 bulbs in my '85. The 55 watt bulbs you got just make the issue that much more extreme, but it can still be done with due diligence and mathematics.
There are some nice reasonably priced LEDs on eBay if you don't mind waiting two weeks for them to come from "over the pond". Also, don't forget the electronic flasher needs to be changed to deal with hyperflash for the turn signal portion of the circuit. The tail lights are dual circuit bulbs, and it is the steady state 4 watt part we need to deal with for the power management issue. But the turn signal circuit complicates the project as a separate and distinct issue that certainly needs to be dealt with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have purchased everything Yosi Owns and love them all.

I have the 6000K HID headlights and he got me morimoto ballast.

I got 6000K foglights with Stainless Steel Ballast. He got me those as well.

I ordered his top third brake light which he no longer sells and I have the Halo LED taillights. Also purchased the side marker/back up kit he sold. I don't think he sells it anymore. I was talking to Yosi on facebook about an hour ago.

P.S. This is my first post but saw this thread and just jumped right in.

But to stay on topic, yes his products are GOOD STUFF! Don't go the cheap way, go HID or go home.:partyon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts