Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently we Corvette owners all hate the earth. Corvette was ranked in the "Top 5 Dirtiest Cars" :crazy:

Link to the article http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1617/americas-dirtiest-vehicles/

MPG Matters
Our analysis shows that the biggest factor affecting a car's "dirtiness" is its fuel efficiency--or lack thereof. A 20-mile-per-gallon gas guzzler like the Chevrolet Corvette creates more pollution as it burns more fuel. Drive a car that gets just 5 miles per gallon more, and you'll prevent 10 tons of carbon dioxide from hitting the air over a vehicle's lifetime, according to EPA data.

Vehicular carbon dioxide emissions are a major factor in air pollution. Cars account for 51% of the carbon dioxide emissions in a typical household, while appliances like refrigerators account for 26%, and heating and cooling systems account for 18%. The rest of the spectrum comes from inefficiencies and waste, according to the EPA

These idiots won't be happy until there are 20 million Prius putting down the road. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Article is total crap.

First of all, there are a shitload of other vehicles that get worse mileage.

Secondly, the average Corvette miles driven per year is typically a fraction of the usual vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Article is total crap.

First of all, there are a shitload of other vehicles that get worse mileage.

Secondly, the average Corvette miles driven per year is typically a fraction of the usual vehicle.
and like in my other post I think my vette gets better miles. My CTS does suck gas though.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
hmmm... sticker mileage on my 99 was 28/18. Since my 403 with very high compression went in, it went to 30 av on a 90 mile trip at 65-70 mph.

Ignorance, jealousy, and, false, misdirected pride of oneself at being a 'proper steward' of the planet. They won't be happy until everyone is wearing a grey Nehru suit and driving the same smart car...it's all in the interest of 'equality'. It's a 'green thing'.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
hmmm... sticker mileage on my 99 was 28/18. Since my 403 with very high compression went in, it went to 30 av on a 90 mile trip at 65-70 mph.

Ignorance, jealousy, and, false, misdirected pride of oneself at being a 'proper steward' of the planet. They won't be happy until everyone is wearing a grey Nehru suit and driving the same smart car...it's all in the interest of 'equality'. It's a 'green thing'.
:rolling::rolling::agree::agree:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Apparently we Corvette owners all hate the earth. Corvette was ranked in the "Top 5 Dirtiest Cars" :crazy:

Link to the article http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1617/americas-dirtiest-vehicles/

MPG Matters
Our analysis shows that the biggest factor affecting a car's "dirtiness" is its fuel efficiency--or lack thereof. A 20-mile-per-gallon gas guzzler like the Chevrolet Corvette creates more pollution as it burns more fuel. Drive a car that gets just 5 miles per gallon more, and you'll prevent 10 tons of carbon dioxide from hitting the air over a vehicle's lifetime, according to EPA data.

Vehicular carbon dioxide emissions are a major factor in air pollution. Cars account for 51% of the carbon dioxide emissions in a typical household, while appliances like refrigerators account for 26%, and heating and cooling systems account for 18%. The rest of the spectrum comes from inefficiencies and waste, according to the EPA

These idiots won't be happy until there are 20 million Prius putting down the road. :rolleyes:
I have news for him, I average 24 and some change in my vette. So I am already getting the extra 5 mpg he wants. I win:partyon:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must be super evil! I drive an Hummer H2, a C6Z, AND I have a pre-emmisions 73 Bronco. :smack

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea; Read it and knew it was crap. My car got 30+ on hwy and averaged 26+ with stock 2.73 gears. Now have 800+whp with 3.42s and get 25 hwy and average 21+ if I drive "normal"

Bunch of haters!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wait till the tree huggers learn what it takes to build the batteries in their beloved hybrids, or how to dispose of them once they have reached the end of the line. :crazy:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Wait till the tree huggers learn what it takes to build the batteries in their beloved hybrids, or how to dispose of them once they have reached the end of the line. :crazy:
That won't matter to them until they discover the chemicals from the batteries leaching into the aquifer's. Then they'll outlaw water.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Thats crap... Even in our C6Z we never averaged less than 24-25 mpg...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Especially regarding Corvettes

I mean A.J is considered somewhat of a saint among Waxer's

What does that tell yah ?

Bon :crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts