Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who may be unaware of its existence there is a new Corvettes-only car magazine on the market. It's called, appropriately enough, "Corvette Magazine" and its editorial offices are in Novato, California. Jay Lamm, who I believe has written Corvette-related articles for years in other Corvette publications as well as general interest car magazines is the editor.

If you haven't seen a copy yet you must check out the latest (March 2003) issue. Their editorial content is well balanced and superbly written. They include numerous and gorgeous photgraphs with each article. Every issue, including the premier issue, is a keeper.

Whether you're into resoration of your classic Vette, preservation of your daily driver, modifying your C4 to go faster, or want to follow the progress of Corvettes in racing, this is a magazine worth subscribing to.

The articles offer practical advice, historic information, and model evaluations without the hype and juvenile tone of some other publications.

Even the advertising is tasteful, and there are abundant ads for all those parts the go-faster set will find tempting.

Send an email to [email protected] for information on subscriptions (and perhaps a pointer to a newstand/bookstore near you which carries the magazine).

Ray

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shark Bite said:
Do they have a website? Sounds like a really nice magazine!
You know, that's a good question. I'll go get the latest issue and see if they do.

It's an excellent magazine. I started subscribing to Corvette Fever and Vette when I got my first C4 back in 1990 and kept the subscriptions going for all these years but dropped them like a grenade with the pin out when I received my first issue of Corvette Magazine. I still receive Corvette Quarterly, but you get that for free everytime you buy a new Corvette. It is good, but because it's published by Chevrolet it's more focused on selling you another one than in exploring anything controversial (like recall campaigns). And it's, well, quarterly, so you have to wait three months for a fix.

Okay, I just leafed through the latest issue and there is no indication that they have a web site. Too bad. Maybe I'll fly them an electronic kite and suggest they get one.

Ray

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Maybe I'll fly them an electronic kite and suggest they get one.

Ray [/B]
You know, Ray..... I really look forward to your posts... you've made me laugh out loud on more than one occassion.... you have a very creative "visual" writing style!

~Patrick

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patrick96LT4 said:
You know, Ray..... I really look forward to your posts... you've made me laugh out loud on more than one occassion.... you have a very creative "visual" writing style!

~Patrick
A keyboard is the sharpest thing they'll let me have.

Ray

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i have the first two issues... :) great magazine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts