Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has most of ous know,there is only one corvette museum,but feel that we all have forgot the one thats in cooperstown,ny.corvette americana.It is half-way between Albany and Binghamton,ny.Granted it,s not the biggest but it does have appx.30 cars at any given time.It also has a nice collection on older cars,1930,s 40,s so-on.If you get a chance take a little trip if time and your plans could include to take it in. it is well worth it.The county is great,wine area,lakes ,and good folks all around. has allways save the wave.:) :excited:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Is the Corvette museum in Cooperstown still there?

I thought I read somewhere a while back that it was closing.. in fact Mike Yeager has the Corvette Summer car that use to be there..

Also there is a Corvette private collection in Indiana somewhere, At least one corvette for each year is represented and it is open to the public. I still need to go to that one

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,416 Posts
Jeff, Any idea where in Indiana? That's a big state. I didn't know about that one. Sounds like a good weekend ride.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Jeff, Any idea where in Indiana? That's a big state. I didn't know about that one. Sounds like a good weekend ride.
Somewhere near Fort Wayne I think

EDIT: Corvette Classics Museum is in Ft. Wayne

website www.corvette-classics.com (link is not workign for me though)

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
War Machine said:
I searched for that Museum in Indiana yesterday and found that dead link also. Anyone have a phone # to that place?

:huh:
I did some more searching

Corvette Classics
6702 Pointe Inverness Way
(260) 436-3444
A world class museum for original and restored corvettes. Some of the finest cars in America are on display here.

from the www.visitfortwayne.com

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for anybody interested go to google and look under corvette museum,corvette americana ,copperstown ,ny. phone #s and general info .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts