Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be great if GM established benchmark times for Corvette models at a North American track.

I get the whole factory testing at Nurburgring, but it's somewhere most of us will never get to and it's such a long, challenging course that times reflects a balls out power lap, as opposed to a consistent lap time.

I really like how Car & Driver has established its own "Lightning Lap" tests at Virginia International Raceway (VIR). Now year in and year out, you get good times and feedback for comparison on several models and see what progresses.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
GM should build their own new track, make it available to the public, and put it within an hour of where I live. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I think it would be great if GM established benchmark times for Corvette models at a North American track.

I get the whole factory testing at Nurburgring, but it's somewhere most of us will never get to and it's such a long, challenging course that times reflects a balls out power lap, as opposed to a consistent lap time.

I really like how Car & Driver has established its own "Lightning Lap" tests at Virginia International Raceway (VIR). Now year in and year out, you get good times and feedback for comparison on several models and see what progresses.
Laguna Seca would be good track for this. Of course Mazda might get pissy

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
or,, you can get us into GM's Milford Proving Ground in Michigan? :D

I'd love to try out that "Lutz Ring". :thumbsup:
(video of ZR1 on Lutz Ring)

If I were to vote for tracks in North America...
1. Mid-Ohio (#1 simply because it's closest to my home)
2. Road Atlanta
3. Laguna Seca
4. Road America
5. Calabogie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts