Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure to attend yesterday to a training curse organized by corvette performance academy at the Pau Arnos track located in the south of France. This was a great day for me and for all european corvette fans. We spent all the day in the track, first learning the different sections, the correct line, the entry, apex and exit points of each corner. Then we were able to make many laps at full speed. At the end of the day we were really pushing hard the vettes, it was almost impossible to follow the pace cars !!. It was awesome !!!. We had 2 z06 (pace cars used only by trainers) and 6 c6 z51. There were people from France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Greece, Rumania, Spain, .... All of us share the passion for the corvette!!! :cheers:
Here are some pics !!

I had the opportunity to show my car suspension kit (pfadt coilovers + pfatty bars). The people was very impressed with the installation. (Aaron will have to send more of his goods to europe !!)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Awesome:thumbsup:
Looks like a great time:surprised

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Very nice pics! :thumbsup:
I did the same last year at Colmarberg, Luxembourg. I can recommend a performance driving school to every Corvette owner/enthousiast.
Not only did I practice myself (and learn a lot), I was also a co-driver with Patrick Hermann behind the wheel of a Z06. Which learned me that a Z06 is not a street car that can be driven on the track, but a racecar that can be driven on the street :devil:
BTW, how did you manage to pull as much as 1.21G @ 0 km/h? :surprised

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, how did you manage to pull as much as 1.21G @ 0 km/h? :surprised
There were several corvette enthusiasts in one side of the car trying to turn it over :laughing: :laughing: . Now seriously, this was the end of a set of laps and when you press the "page" button several seconds the HUD displays the maximum g corner force from the last ignition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
FJPA, that is really cool. I bet you had a great time on that track with those other guys. Enjoyed reading your experience and checking out your pictures. Sweet, thanks for posting that up.

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very cool...glad to see we are Global...

My best on-track G was 1.27...but I don't have a pic to prove it...

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
sweet loooking track:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.