Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Corvette plant is seeking 32 Plant volunteers for Thursday and Friday, Sept. 3 and Sept. 4, 2009.

There will be 2 shifts, for both days, that the volunteers can work- either 8am -12PM or 11am - 3pm. The volunteers will need to be at the tour room by 7:45am or 10:45am so that they can get their tour stop assignments & be shown their locations out on the tour route.

For planning purposes, please be aware that lunch will not be provided due to the economic state of our company. So, plan on bringing snacks. They hope that everyone will understand this matter.

Volunteering at the plant is a lot of fun, something that we have done for the past 10 years. So if you are attending the 15th Anniversary-Caravan event and would like to work next to the world's most beautiful cars please email me name, day and what shift you would like. I will need your names before July 20th. [email protected] Thanks!

Note: The Bowling Green Assembly Plant, will start working an Alternative Work Schedule effective July 20, 2009. This means that the plant will be working four 10 hour days Monday - Thursday & will be off on Fridays. As a result, the plant will not be running production on Friday, Sept 4, 2009. However, the plant will still be open for Self Guided Walk Through Tours on Friday.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
What do the volunteers do?? :huh:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do the volunteers do?? :huh:
Volunteers will be placed at various areas in the plant and your job would be to keep people from wandering into places that they are not suppose to be. The fun part is being able to talk to the people who take the tour as well as the employees, and see the Corvettes coming off the line. Usually the plant will give out a "cheat sheet" that will supply information in case you are asked a question. I volunteered at the birthday bash and got to see all the Grandsports and GT1's coming off the line.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
It sounds like a fun time just being in that atmosphere. :partyon: :partyon:

I'd love to do it just to say that I have but since I am a cripple for the summer...thats out.

Good luck finding people but I don't think that will be a problem. :cheers:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Volunteers will be placed at various areas in the plant and your job would be to keep people from wandering into places that they are not suppose to be. The fun part is being able to talk to the people who take the tour as well as the employees, and see the Corvettes coming off the line. Usually the plant will give out a "cheat sheet" that will supply information in case you are asked a question. I volunteered at the birthday bash and got to see all the Grandsports and GT1's coming off the line.
So basically we'd be "bouncers" for the plant, lol. I'd be down for that. I'm a 6 hour drive away, can I be reimbursed for gas or anything?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So basically we'd be "bouncers" for the plant, lol. I'd be down for that. I'm a 6 hour drive away, can I be reimbursed for gas or anything?
:laughing: Reimbursed for Gas? we don't even get fed, lol! Our payment is getting the chance to be near all those beautiful Corvettes! Come on down anyway, you will have fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Volunteers

Charley-- See you on Fri. Sept. 4 at 7:45 in the plant.

See your personal messages for more info.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I volunteered as a plant guide on Thursday afternoon.
From the last I heard lunch and refreshments will be available for the volunteers.

It's not about the lunch or what's free...it's about the people, and what better way to meet Corvette folks than at the World's only assembly plant.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The plant and the NCM is still needing volunteers so if anyone would like to help please let me know.

And, as Zippy says there WILL be snacks and lunch!

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
I assume you meant 2009 in the initial post...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts