Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that we are all waiting anxiously :excited: for the New Corvette king of the world the Corvette SS but with all of the rumors on power it will be one of the top performing cars in the world regardless of price:thumbsup: . Someone like myself would wonder if people will just destroy them because they can't handle the power of the car. I know it is not a limited production like the enzo but I expect near enzo performance numbers and perhaps the press just feeds of the fact that each Enzo that goes down only raises prices on remaining vehicles and the fact that the price is more than the average home price in the US but I was wondering peoples thoughts on this. :huh:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
My thought ...All the money in the world can't make you an accomplished driver...Capable of handling high horse power cars.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:agree:
My thought ...All the money in the world can't make you an accomplished driver...Capable of handling high horse power cars.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
on the flip side, Id suspect that if your going to spend a huge chunk of cash on a toy like that the minor expence of a few days in a good race driving school would both be near mandatory and almost a required accessory to the purchase for anyone with both the cash AND SOME BRAINS, and theres very few total morrons with the cash necessary to purchase one so ID suspect a reasonably high percentage of new owners will either stash the car and never drive it OR take the time to LEARN HOW to operate thier new toy.
yeah theres bound to be a few rich kids, drunks and morrons who won the lotto buying them but most guys will treat it like what it is an, EXPENSIVE DREAM TOY and an INVESTMENT they don,t want to screw up!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
This car will "disappear" because the price will keep it out of the reach of mainstream car enthusiasts. This will turn into a low production collector car sitting in a climate controlled garage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This car will "disappear" because the price will keep it out of the reach of mainstream car enthusiasts. This will turn into a low production collector car sitting in a climate controlled garage.
Maybe for most people, but I'm driving mine around. Cars are meant to be enjoyed and experienced, not looked at imo, and if people have the money to buy it, then they shouldn't turn it into a garage queen. I'll be especially upset if i can't find one for the simple fact that car collectors want another notch on their belt and another car in their showroom.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I plan on driving/enjoying mine.
Life is short....enjoy each and every day!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine will be a daily driver for sure. I damn sure am not going to let anybody else take it out though.:thumbsup: :cheers:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
It's not going to be out of reach, as far as price or availability. Yes, at first they will go for ALL the money. Just like the ZO6. They are not going to make only 399, like the Enzo. Lets say they run that model for three years and make 1700 copies each year. I say 1700 because it's between 1500 and
2000. That makes it 5100 copies, at least.
Let's say the MSRP is a stong hundred thousand dollars, your deal is ten thousand over. The MSRP on a BMW M6 is around the same price. The price is going to be well in line for what your getting. I can't wait to be cleaning my wheels, looking at my ceramic brakes. I'm getting one and it will be my only car, just like my Z is.

A dream with a time line is a goal. A dream without is a fantasy.

I will do my best to have one by the second model year.

Jr.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Uhh:lookinup: , the SS is a one-year-only model of around 1500 cars. Not 3 years.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Uhh:lookinup: , the SS is a one-year-only model of around 1500 cars. Not 3 years.
What I understand as well, which is why I'm scared of not being able to get one. Personally, if you try hard enough, you can get one, and for a decent price above MSRP, just like the RFZ was atainable, and at decent prices if you gave the effort. I just hope that a bunch of people outside of the corvette enthusiast circle don't start looking at this car. I don't need a Ferrari/Lambo collecting snob decides he has to have this car for his collection. A few hundred of those will drive the price of this car up since they will pay w/e to get it with minimal effort. Then when dealers see what some of them can go for, their $$ eyes will go ka-ching, and the rest of us are screwed. I'm happy that dealers like Mr. Conti and the Boardwalk Chevy are around on this site, gives me a sense of hope for the future of this car.

And btw, mine will be a daily driver as well, it's so worth it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure that dealers and rightly so are licking their chops for the ability to mark this up. I am sure that they will make it to ebay for the feeding frenzy but this will be worth the price IMO. I am sure that after a year it will be easier but being limited production price gouging is to be expected. Dealers like Rick Conti from what I have heard are on the up and up but markups will be the norm.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My Z is a daily driver and the new one will be too.

As far as some who buy them won't be able to handle the HP - we have seen that several times on-line with some people who bought a C6 Z and didn't respect 505 HP.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Its my understanding that this likely not the case, though its never been positively confirmed one way or another. See this post #57

Also according to some of the mag articles we have quotes like:
.” As for 700 horses, “that would be a stretch,” Lutz continued. “Tom Stephens [GM’s head of powertrain] would say, ‘Maybe in the second year.’ ”

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
The reason that I think there will be more than one model year is, it's GM. They already know they're going to sell each and every one of them. They also paid for all the research and development, that is happening right now. Wasn't there rumors of the ZO6 only running for two years? The ZO6 gives them strong bragging right. This car will give them King Kong strength bragging rights. Regardless if it runs for a year or two, it will be replaced by a newer model. Corvette might have a lot more options on different models in the future.

Jr.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
When I was stationed in Germany, the hot car for alot of guys was the M3. One of the options BMW offered(being in Germany) was a 1 or 2 day driving school with their test drivers in Munich. Maybe Chevy will offer something similar with the SS. If i was buying one and Chevy offered it, that would be option #1. JMHO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blue Devil aka Corvette SS

Only 1000 will be produced, and only those who have some kind of a connection will be able to buy one. If you are one of the lucky ones, expect to pay $150,000 after dealer "market adjustment" price. :thud:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Only 1000 will be produced, and only those who have some kind of a connection will be able to buy one. If you are one of the lucky ones, expect to pay $150,000 after dealer "market adjustment" price. :thud:
I agree in terms of how many produced, but just like the RFZ, if you have the perseverence and the 150K to blow, you can find it. AI don't think connections will be a huge factor. Money and time are the real factors.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've been on my dealer's list for a few months now; however, if the gouging goes into that range, I'll bow out and opt for this instead:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts