Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well...we can't even order a Z06 yet, but the first "special edition" or "ultimate option" (not sure which would be the best label) has been announced. "..a new Corvette Z06 GT3.R race car will be offered as a turnkey solution for customer teams." So it sounds like Corvette Racing is giving up their monopoly on the REAL C8.R. Why? What are the long-term plans behind this change? For one thing, they announced that the C8.R racing program will be expanded in 2022 to participate in both the IMSA SportsCar Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship for the first time.

By the way, there are reports that the BASE Z06 MSRP will be $87,000.

Chevy will soon start selling a Corvette Z06 GT3.R customer race car

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,038 Posts
That would be fun to drive

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is not too bad. That overage is pretty consistent with previous generations of the Z06.

I'm going to need a bigger garage. ;)
My problem is that when I start with a $69k Stingray, after checking all the boxes I want (some of them; 'need'), IT ends up at $87k. So even if I could get a Z06 without a markup before I die, the MSRP would likely be around $110k. That's just too much to justify for me.
The E-Ray is said to replace the Grand Sport. IF it's a replacement, it should be a wide body with the LT3 + ~100HP motor up front. If $87k is accurate for the Z06, where do you think the E-Ray will fall? ...$78k...$80k?

·
Registered
647 Posts
The E-Ray is said to replace the Grand Sport. IF it's a replacement, it should be a wide body with the LT3 + ~100HP motor up front. If $87k is accurate for the Z06, where do you think the E-Ray will fall? ...$78k...$80k?
Howdy LT:
I was just basing my comment on historical pricing.
The base Grand Sport was usually $10K+ more than base Corvette and the base Z06 was $20K+ more than the base Corvette.

Given that logic, a true base GS would be about $71K+. But since the E-Ray is something more, I don't think my price comparison logic would apply to it and my guess is that it would be closer to the numbers you indicated ($78-80).

Either way, I'm going to need a bigger garage ;)

Reactions: Longtimer

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy LT:
I was just basing my comment on historical pricing.
The base Grand Sport was usually $10K+ more than base Corvette and the base Z06 was $20K+ more than the base Corvette.

Given that logic, a true base GS would be about $71K+. But since the E-Ray is something more, I don't think my price comparison logic would apply to it and my guess is that it would be closer to the numbers you indicated ($78-80).

Either way, I'm going to need a bigger garage ;)

I agree. We are in new territory on this one. I'm retired now so, if demand ever becomes sane, I think I'll have to 'settle' for a Stingray.

Reactions: HN376RAR
1 - 7 of 7 Posts