Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who is a very good source of mine insists that the super vetter will be named the Corvette Zora. I told him its either corvette ss or supervette. Then he says, "Man, trust me its going to be called Zora." But i kind of like it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Enzo Corvette!!!! huh...

sorry, too many beers. Goodnight :nuts:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I call shenanigans. For the most part, all of our sources have agreed on "SS." The name has changed a few times, but every time it does, the sources can all corroborate. Something out of left field like that doesn't seem credible to me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not only will it be called the Corvette Humdinger but a little birdie told me the thing can easily break Mach 1! It can also fly:laughing:

But seriously, all in good fun. Personally, Zora doesn't really do anything for me, it just makes me thing of Zelda:rolleyes: and thats not the fist thing i want associated with a super sexy and powerful supercar.

·
Registered
347 Posts
They already did a Zora Duntov Corvette called the ZR-1 :lookinup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Makes sense in a Ferrari comparison, sort-of-way. I would expect the Zora moniker to be attached to a Wankel-Vette. Any insider news on that setup?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Go ahead and flame me if you will, but SS on the baddest Vette of all time is like putting ketchup on a NY strip. Hopefully anything else but SS.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Zora doesn't really do anything for me, it just makes me thing of Zelda:rolleyes: and thats not the fist thing i want associated with a super sexy and powerful supercar.
:agree: Thats the first thing I thought of too:laughing:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I really don't car what they call it, it'll be too expensive for me:surprised
There is a rumor that because Ford is doing the Mustang"SS"(supersnake),that GM may pull back from calling a Corvette the "SS". ZR1 sounds good to me, revive an old moniker, make it very limited and too expensive, just like the original.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go ahead and flame me if you will, but SS on the baddest Vette of all time is like putting ketchup on a NY strip. Hopefully anything else but SS.
I kind of agree, considering the current SS lineup. The SS just seems like a treatment rather than a model designation or an option.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
:agree:
I agree. SS is reserved for Camaros, Impalas, Tahoes, Pickups, Cavaliers, El Caminos and whatever else they glue the emblems onto (Cobalt SS? :crazy: ). It should be Sting Ray OR Stingray. There is more heritage in that name and is immediately identifiable and UNIQUE to CORVETTE.

Personally, I can't wait for the AVEO SS with the 115hp engine, sporty suspension, 6" exhaust tip and double-decker rear wing :nuts:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts