Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone knows that a corvette runs hot, especially the older c3's unless you do some improvements. there are additives out there that claim to lower the temps (water wetter) and now a product called "40 degree below".

i've read some conflicting reports about the first one but can't find any information on the 40 D/B. has anyone used this? and, if so, did it work or not?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
that stuff did'nt do **** for me.plus i flushed my cooling system after that.it possible that stuff can react to the dex-col,turn slimy ruin the water pump and corrode the aluminum.this is just a possibility.some peopl claim its fine for them-(give it time)get a 160* or 180* t-stat and a plug-in fan switch and run the temp wherever you want it.mine stays below 200*-even in heavy,humid hawaii traffic.just my opinion/experience.:buhbye:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I use the water wetter, and it works just fine for me. It made about a ten degree change in my temps. I also have a 180 thermostat and a fan switch. I live if Florida where its hot all the time and never have any heating problems. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts