Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some have new, some old, some fast, some cruise....

Why did you get what you currently have?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Onyx Black said:

I bought my black LT4 vette because it was a killer motor in a year I could afford. I loved it so much that when it died, I got another LT4 with a big ole skunk-stripe on it!

If I could get another year, it be some type of c3.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I bought my 98 in 1993, I bought the newest I could afford at the time
Interesting, I didn't think a 98 was available in 93. You must have connections!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
169 Posts
wanted something that i could just get in and drive. thought about it long and decided that the Z06 was the best bet. i love this car.

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
98 Coupe purchased 8/00
#1 I could get in and out of it without taking yoga classes first
#2 It only had 2475 miles on it
#3 I could live with the color
#4 Wife liked it and said what are you waiting for ?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I bought mine because it was an amount I could afford and still have enough money to modify it. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I guess I still have "poor house" brain cells. No matter how much money I have I simply cringe at dropping 50k on a car.

I paid $33900 for the GS with 11k miles.... I just love this car, it's evil-fast, and used to handle killer until I put the drag radials in the back. Now it's squishy and sloppy in hard turns. :lookinup:

·
I use man gel
4,402 Posts
hmmmm #'s matching A/C 69 coupe for $8500... you think i was gunna pass up an offer like that?

now its far from #'s matching :surprised :spanked:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Onyx Black said:

First, I must preface with a story. I originally had a black 1986. I loved that car. At least until it was rear ended by a Camry rental unit. Sitting stopped in traffic. Saw her first, coming closer in my mirrors. Couldn't get out of the way. THEN she saw me. The rest can only be described as what Lake Michigan looks like when you step on it just when it starts to freeze (you guys near Chigago will understand this). Anyway, the settlement was enough to pay for a 1989. After about a year it had engine trouble. Actually, what it had was a number seven cylinder full of coolant. Trust me, you don't want this.

While having the engine completly rebuilt, my wife decided that she would surprise me by having the car repaired and delivered for my 40th birthday. But as luck would have it, the mechanic couldn't complete the work in time. But he DID offer my wife the opportunity to BUY the 1994 he had for sale.

I have a 1994, thanks to my wife.
Is that great, or what?

(I sold the '89)

:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts