Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS,
FOUND THE FOLLOWING POST OF THE FERRARICHAT SITE AND WONDERED WHAT YOU GUYS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT?

POSTED ON FERRARICHAT.COM BY

"Bullfighter"
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jon

OK, I'll go out on a limb - some stereotypes, but with some basis in fact:

I'd say Ferrari owners are more likely to prefer imported cars than are Corvette owners. That means BMWs for daily drivers, not Cadillacs.

Ferrari owners are more fashion conscious and probably own things like an Armani sweater and Bruno Magli shoes.

Ferrari owners are more likely to watch GP racing and less likely to watch NASCAR.

Ferrari owners are more likely to be male.

Ferrari owners are more skilled drivers. A tiny segment of Ferrari owners drive automatics. The majority of Corvette owners drive automatics.

Ferrari owners are more likely to collect something -- artwork, wine, rare coins, whatever. There's a sense of history and conoisseurship (I hate that word, but basically I think Ferrari owners savor every fine detail on their cars, while Corvette owners are more concerned with the stopwatch and g-meter.)

Ferrari owners cherish exclusivity over value. Ferrari owners are romantics; Corvette owners are number crunchers.

Alright then. Kevlar vest is all... zipped... up. Ah. There"

-----------------------------------------

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WOW! I POSTED MY REPSONSE ON THE F-CHAT SITE AS I AM A MEMBER OF BOTH AND OWNER OF BOTH.

AW.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Actually, I'm indifferent to what Ferrari owners think, just like I'm indifferent to what Toyota owners think.

When I bought my '65 coupe, I bought it because it was what I wanted.

When I bought my '95 coupe, I bought it because it was what I wanted.

In neither case did I consult strangers about the appropriateness of what I was getting - I did ask for some advice about the specifics of the transaction, but the choice to buy had already been made.

Further, while your generalizations may be mildly interesting (assuming that there is some truth to them) to some marketing types, I don't really see any relevance to my daily life.

Let the Ferrari owners talk among themselves (I did read some of the posts, but they didn't really hold my interest) - it doesn't matter to me.

Even if I won the Powerball, I'm not sure that I'd buy a fancy European sporty car. I'm passionate about the Vette, and while the others may be interesting from a technical point of view, they don't move me like Vette's do.

Have fun with your discussion on the Ferrari forum.

Steven

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I think like Corvette owners Ferrari owners may be grouped into two categories, enthusiasts and status owners. Nothing handles like a Ferrari, no other car designs in vibrations that are important to the driver. A Ferrari is first an formost a driver's car. Most buy it for status reasons.

A Corvette is built with the same intentions as a Ferraria and delivers. Many corvette drivers are enthusiasts but again most buy a Corvette for status.

Both are fine cars. I think the Corvette is the best performance car you can own at any price. It is fast, dependable and maintainable.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is a good stereotype, and in general your description is probably more right than wrong. However there is no "true" answer. Sorry.

I earn well over $250K yr.
I live in a private country club.
I haven't bought a suit from a department store in over 10yrs.
I do not watch NASCAR.
I have a wine collection.
I went to private schools all my life
I read classic novels, not dime store murder mysteries
I do not own a Rolex. I own a Gevril (look it up).

But......

I hunt.
I fish
I can tell you who the last 15 Heisman Trophy winners were.
I eat at fast food joints quite often
I wash my own cars
I mow my own grass
My favorite beer is Coors Light.

What does that tell you? I admire , respect and own many world class "things".

One of them is a Silver Chevrolet Corvette C6 A6 Z51 Vert.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I think Ferrari owners are just sore because the C6 can dust most of their cars and the Z06 can dust the rest. The one thing I can say for fact is that Corvette owners wouldn't let Eddie Griffin drive their cars into a concrete barracade but a Ferrari owner did. Rich doesn't =smart/skilled/talented:D

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
can you post my reply up too? I think that the problem is that with a ferrari the high price detours owners only to filter out only the true enthusiast, with the corvette owners the affordable price means that anyone who wants one relatively can have one. The people here on DC are vette enthusiasts, its to us that our car hold meaning, should not be confused with the joe who buys his car just to impress his neighbors

·
Banned
329 Posts
OK, I'll go out on a limb - some stereotypes, but with some basis in fact:

I'd say Ferrari owners are more likely to prefer imported cars than are Corvette owners. That means BMWs for daily drivers, not Cadillacs.

I have a Honda, Volvo and Isuzu....Corvette is the ONLY American car I own

Ferrari owners are more fashion conscious and probably own things like an Armani sweater and Bruno Magli shoes.

Money does not make you fashionable or trend setting. Look at Britney Spears....white trash with money. You want to be a trend setter? Try doing something unique....don't follow the herd.

Ferrari owners are more likely to watch GP racing and less likely to watch NASCAR.

I HATE NASCAR....why only go left? I love ALMS and F1. Are you implying that all Corvette owners are rednecks?

Ferrari owners are more likely to be male.

I'm a young male.

Ferrari owners are more skilled drivers. A tiny segment of Ferrari owners drive automatics. The majority of Corvette owners drive automatics.

Autos are for pussies...ALL my cars are manual. Even my wife does not drive autos. That paddleshift crap is NOT a manual.

I'd put up any Corvette driver against any Ferrair driver (ie. Poseur) as that's all they do...pose.

Ferrari owners are more likely to collect something -- artwork, wine, rare coins, whatever. There's a sense of history and conoisseurship (I hate that word, but basically I think Ferrari owners savor every fine detail on their cars, while Corvette owners are more concerned with the stopwatch and g-meter.)

No sense of history for Corvette owners....huh? No pride in the achievements of Corvettes in all the races it has competed in? When was the last time a Ferrari was dominant in GT racing?

Ferrari owners cherish exclusivity over value. Ferrari owners are romantics; Corvette owners are number crunchers.

Again...Ferrari's are a dime a dozen here...same with Corvettes. Basically the Ferrari owners are not "romatics" they are poseurs. I am the one being different by owning a Corvette. If I wanted to "fit" in, I would have gotten a Ferrari as my friend or maybe a Porsche as three of my other friends have them.

Alright then. Kevlar vest is all... zipped... up. Ah. There"

:spanked:

·
Banned
972 Posts
:thumbsup: Well Put and right there with you

That is a good stereotype, and in general your description is probably more right than wrong. However there is no "true" answer. Sorry.

I earn well over $250K yr.
I live in a private country club.
I haven't bought a suit from a department store in over 10yrs.
I do not watch NASCAR.
I have a wine collection.
I went to private schools all my life
I read classic novels, not dime store murder mysteries
I do not own a Rolex. I own a Gevril (look it up).

But......

I hunt.
I fish
I can tell you who the last 15 Heisman Trophy winners were.
I eat at fast food joints quite often
I wash my own cars
I mow my own grass
My favorite beer is Coors Light.

What does that tell you? I admire , respect and own many world class "things".

One of them is a Silver Chevrolet Corvette C6 A6 Z51 Vert.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont know what all this nonsense about "sterotypes" is about. Who cares. I really could care less if your car cost 300K and you have some super model girl friend in the passanger seat. All that matters is at the end of the day, when i go blowing past you at 120 and leave you in my dust. Ha and i saved enough to buy 2 or 3 more of these babies. If you buy a car just to have status, well then your just not american, buy a car because it looks cool and scares you a little everytime you drive it because its so damn fast.

Nuff said

·
Registered
104 Posts
I drive my 'Vette because I love the way it looks, I could afford it, and it makes me feel good to drive it.

Some of my tastes are mainstream, some not. I like all types of racing, and all types of cars.

Some people probably think they're better than me, some don't. Maybe they are, maybe they are not. Doesn't matter either way.

Love my wife, my son, my dog, my whole family(well, maybe not my WHOLE family;-) In the end, that's all that matters.

And if I could afford a Ferrari F430, I would have one. But I would not love it more than my C6. nor would I all of a sudden be a better person.

Just me.

Later

·
Registered
471 Posts
Someone here said it and I agree, people with cars fall into two categories car lovers and brand enthusiats. A lot of people here are guilty of the later. Sure Ferrari guys cant cut on Corvette owners but Corvette owners can make fun of Mustang owners. And according to most people here, there is no better car than the C6 Z06, which is simply not true.

The reality is that a lot of Corvette owners (like myself) as well as Ferrari owners, are absolute car nuts and would never make stupid statements like that posted on the Ferrari forum. No car lover would cut up on a Z06 because it is cheaper than a Ferrari and no car lover would think that a Z06 is a better car than an F430 just because it is faster.

Give me a break - yeah the average Ferrari owner is wealthier than the average Corvette owner but there are plenty of very wealthy people that own one or the other. And there are plenty of Corvette owners who are totally ignorant about cars.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Well......all I can say is that Corvette Owner's are smarter than Ferrari Owner's.......why?.........because we don't let comedian''s (or anyone else) drive our personal babies into concrete wall's, then get out and joke about it!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
The stereotypes really are way way way off and made to give Ferrari owners a boner.

I have a poor hispanic friend who loves Nascar but thinks that Ferrari's are the greatest thing out there. By the stereotypes he should be into lowered old 60s American cars or trucks or something but that is not him.

As one member pointed out he makes a good amount of money and doesnt fit in either stereotypes.

I think its just as blind calling Ferrari the greatest car on earth as it is calling Corvette the greatest car on earth.

Ferrari has a great documented history but the Corvette has a great undocumented history. There is so much history with the Corvette that its not even funny, its just greatly unknown.

Jay Leno probably fits the Ferrari stereotype perfectly but he will never ever buy a Ferrari.

The point being is that for the most part Corvette and Ferrari fans are more alike then they are different. We just have these really dumb stereotypes around that give Ferrari owners ego boost.

for the records Corvettes are better then Mustangs........ lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think that the guy who posted that is obviously a prick. He is condescending and I bet he has no legitimate reason for being so.

He is the typical jerk who encourages arguments and is only happy when creating problems.

His conclusions, are also faulty. I could go into details, but will not. I do not care what he thinks enough to waste my time by going into detail. I am actually wondering why I am wasting this much time responding to his crap.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
"Ferrari owners are more skilled drivers. A tiny segment of Ferrari owners drive automatics. The majority of Corvette owners drive automatics."
:WTF
YEAH. That's why I keep seeing news clips of FERRARI OWNERS crashing thier FERRARI ENZOS into walls, pylons, breaking thier Ferraris in half. :smack I suppose surviving the wreck is part of the skill.

Love those $8,000 tuneups. :nuts:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Someone here said it and I agree, people with cars fall into two categories car lovers and brand enthusiats. A lot of people here are guilty of the later. Sure Ferrari guys cant cut on Corvette owners but Corvette owners can make fun of Mustang owners. And according to most people here, there is no better car than the C6 Z06, which is simply not true.

The reality is that a lot of Corvette owners (like myself) as well as Ferrari owners, are absolute car nuts and would never make stupid statements like that posted on the Ferrari forum. No car lover would cut up on a Z06 because it is cheaper than a Ferrari and no car lover would think that a Z06 is a better car than an F430 just because it is faster.

Give me a break - yeah the average Ferrari owner is wealthier than the average Corvette owner but there are plenty of very wealthy people that own one or the other. And there are plenty of Corvette owners who are totally ignorant about cars.

Bravo. Ferrari enthusiasts love and buy Ferrari's. Corvette enthusiasts love and buy Corvettes.

Idiots post stereotypes about why Ferrari owners buy Ferraris and Corvette owners buy Corvettes....

Where the odds tip over is with DRIVING enthusiasts, with whom price is no object. These folks invariably buy European cars, because, as great a car as the Vette is (even the Z06), it still does not offer the same basic, visceral driving experience that a high end European car does.

Driving a 1992 512TR still delights the senses today, 15 years later, far more than driving a 1992 ZR-1 does, and 15 years from now, an 2007 F430 will still captivate the senses more than a 2007 Z06 will...

JMHO.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd rather drive a corvette because I actually like the curves of the C5, along with the power of the engine, plus I dont like putting my car in the shop every 600 miles for a $2k tune up...heh.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a Corvette, does that mean I have to sell my coin collection.:huh:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts