Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what it cost any of you guys or girls to get your c4 painted. Im looking to have my 1991 black repainted black. Body is in pretty good shape only a couple spots need adressing.
Lucas

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lol

When I Purchased my 86 the clear coat was comming off.

I stripped all the old paint off and primed it my self ready for the TOP coat ONLY everything else was stripped off the car molding bumpers ECT.

I got quote of $1500.00 One day paint not the best place everyone else from $4500.00 to $6500.00 just to spray it.

I end up doing it my self in my Garage for $400.00 Paint/ Clear coat 2 stage paint tape newpaper to mask it off.

Waited 3 months to buff it out it not a show car paint job but $400.00 I cant get mad.

A guy at work gotten his C$ painted a couple years before I got my C$ he paid $6000.00 and my home done paint job looks better than his.

It just takes time I spent about 2 or 3 hours a day to get the car preped total on 1 to 1.5 months of work not bad from start to finish the job.

And whole day to spray the topcoat and clear on.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
My brother is getting his polo green done from a guy that's done other work for him on other cars and the guy is installing new weatherstrip at the same time (weatherstrip cost not included my brother is buying that) for $1800

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paint

Well I have a buddy going to paint mine and the other day when I was at his shop I asked him "So how much you think it will cost" and he says "5-6,000" I said "what!" he says "just joking" I hope its around 4,000 that seems cool being that he is a friend and I have bought all new emblems and weatherstripping. Do you guys think so?

·
I'm related so I get a title.
212 Posts
as a follow up on my brother's post. My guy is going to use PPG or Dupont and will put three coats of clear on it. He has repaired my 98 tahoe once after an accident and once after a deer decided to play tag. He has his own shop but works for someone else now. He is getting ready to go on his own again. When I get my Chevelle ready to paint he is going to do it also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just dropped my 84 off at the shop on sat. I wont seeit done for two months. Black with alittle purple mixed in Three coats of clear and lots of color sanding and buffing 3700. Also in CA it is water base paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts