Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in exploring the costs to get into an SCCA Touring 1 racing season I can put together a comprhensive list of the costs involved including car, roll-cage, Fire supression system, fuel cell, drivers suit, helmet, gloves underwear, socks, shoes, pads, etc. Oil coolers, widened brake cooling ducts, tires, brake pads, etc.

I still have all the data from my car and I believe inflation has actually gone down over the pasr two years so you prices may be the same or slightly cheaper.

Now would be the time to start since the season is over and you have time to put tigether the 2004 season car.

Let me know. I'd be happy to help any serious would-be racer.

Ray

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Originally posted by RT66Z06 ...<br>
If anyone is interested in exploring the costs to get into an SCCA Touring 1 racing season I can put together a comprhensive list of the costs involved including car, roll-cage, Fire supression system, fuel cell, drivers suit, helmet, gloves underwear, socks, shoes, pads, etc. Oil coolers, widened brake cooling ducts, tires, brake pads, etc.

I still have all the data from my car and I believe inflation has actually gone down over the pasr two years so you prices may be the same or slightly cheaper.

Now would be the time to start since the season is over and you have time to put tigether the 2004 season car.

Let me know. I'd be happy to help any serious would-be racer.

Ray<br>
Ray, did you race your Z06? If so, I didn't know it was so highly modified.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Costs for SCCA Touring 1 Class

Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
Ray, did you race your Z06? If so, I didn't know it was so highly modified.....<br>
My '01 Z06? They only modification to that car is tha CAGS eliminator.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
What did you race in... and were they pissed about it getting banged up?:huh:<br>
My first race was in a '91 Vette (practically everyone else had much newer cars). They weren't pissed about the damage because I paid them to fix it. That's the way Rent-a-Ride works. You can only be as daring (or incompetent) as the budget allows. BTW, they get the money up front, as a deposit. Most teams that offer "Arrive and Drive" (sounds better than Rent-a-Ride) programs are honest, but there are some stinkers. Don't expect to get a poll-threat as a ride, and don't expect it to make it to the end of even a 30 minute race with some teams (I've had cars expire at Hurry Downs and Moss Corner, and that's about as far from the paddock as you can get and a long, hot walk). But it is a great way to get seat-time while remaining almost totally anonymous. When you do something truly stupid no one recognizes you afterwards so the embarrassment is minimized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts