Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching the brake options available, and following threads pertaining to brakes. Turtle had posted a question about Wilwoods and POOF! The whole bunch of posters got banned over in CF. The mod called it freeposting. WTF?

·
Super Moderator
8,537 Posts
learn the lesson, don,t post on that site!:laughing: :laughing: :rolling:

look basically if your linking to products or services that are not making the guys running CF money , or not linked to guys paying the CF , for advedrtiizing or that might be costing (THIER) advertizers money in sales they don,t want it on the site! ITS not like ,that they want you to know what your options are and choose the best choice or get the full info, its all abouit money and whos making it!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Not sure what "free posting" is, or how they run their site.

But, here on DC there is no issue with anyone discussing a business or products. With the following exceptions:
1. If that business has a unfavorable reputation in the Corvette community and we want to protect the members and their wallets from scumbags.
2. If the "discussion" is actually promotion. Either obvious, or in disguise.
3. If the company owes DC money, if they are in collections, or we are suing them.

Tell everyone you bought your wheels at Joe's Wheel Company, that's totally cool!

But, when you list their phone number, your sales guys name, that they'll beat anyone's price, they have the best customer service, and they are open 7 days a week and they have 5 sets in stock ... ok that's promoting and attempting to drive business to another company. Which is not the same as discussing.

The whole business model of sites like ours is that the bills are paid by the vendors and the members get it all for free. If we allowed other businesses to promote or solicit business for free (or customers do it for them), then why should our current vendors pay to do that? Then the whole machine breaks down... then no more site. So, it's a tricky situation.

I think we do pretty good though. And, we really don't see a lot of blatant "promotion" anyway. This place is often like Mayberry. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OHHHhhh K , I think I got the idea.

That also confirms my belief that a certain used car salesman weasled his way onto that site, bombarded every thread to gain exposure, targeted a group of young vette guys with ideas of bling bling mods, like big shiny canisters on the boosters, spydy lights and 4500 watt alternators.
Yeah- and now it's all about selling their crap....
Must have bought the moderator......
Mention Wilwood... get banned.......

I may go back there and get banned in a big cloud of smoke!:devil:

·
Registered
959 Posts
I believe "free posting" is a post which is ONLY made to pad ones post count....usually a smiley or in the case of CF someone starting a stupid poll or thanking all the new members for participating where everytime someone posts you post back saying not much of anything at all, BUT you get that all important boost to your post count which translates into more cute little stars, which I think has something to do with having a small wee wee, the stars must make up for it in some way......I think they are under the false impression at CF that he who dies with the most posts wins.......what they win is a secret....In the case of the Wilwood thread that was locked it was a valid question asked to determine if someone associated with a supporting vendor had any clue what parts were needed to rebuild a caliper that was indeed bought from that vendor...unfortunately the mod that locked the thread has no clue what a caliper or a caliper seal is as he spends the majority of his time "free posting" in OT.
...redvetracr

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
turtles post was not a free post at all but they didn't have any rule that was violated so they made up some BS excuse and pinned it on that. Yeah, tha crackerjack IrishMax is a buddy old pal of the missouri crowd there so be careful what you say or he will chuck norris your ass over there. He is just an OT posting champion, why he became a mod is clear, to protect the superhero there. The guy does not have a C3, doesn't know a screw from a bolt and has no interest in C3 stuff either. The right man for the job!!!

If you want to see a kind of free posting or post whoring for that matter, check out an old post about c teck chargers and see one of the super heroes run up his post count there, 15+ replies in a row with nothing to contribute!

·
Registered
512 Posts
In the case of the Wilwood thread that was locked it was a valid question asked to determine if someone associated with a supporting vendor had any clue what parts were needed to rebuild a caliper that was indeed bought from that vendor...unfortunately the mod that locked the thread has no clue what a caliper or a caliper seal is as he spends the majority of his time "free posting" in OT.
...redvetracr
Sad but true! Can't remember if that was locked and made to vanish or just locked, it's hard to keep up:laughing:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sad but true! Can't remember if that was locked and made to vanish or just locked, it's hard to keep up:laughing:
maybe it was "sanitized" another trick they use to protect the chosen one...
...redvetracr

·
Registered
512 Posts
maybe it was "sanitized" another trick they use to protect the chosen one...
...redvetracr
Thats right.

The options are (I may have missed some):

1 cleaned
2 locked
3 made to disappear
4 mass banning of participants
5 any combination of above

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
turtles post was not a free post at all but they didn't have any rule that was violated so they made up some BS excuse and pinned it on that. Yeah, tha crackerjack IrishMax is a buddy old pal of the missouri crowd there so be careful what you say or he will chuck norris your ass over there. He is just an OT posting champion, why he became a mod is clear, to protect the superhero there. The guy does not have a C3, doesn't know a screw from a bolt and has no interest in C3 stuff either. The right man for the job!!!

If you want to see a kind of free posting or post whoring for that matter, check out an old post about c teck chargers and see one of the super heroes run up his post count there, 15+ replies in a row with nothing to contribute!
Wow, they have those over there too?:nuts:

·
Registered
119 Posts
you get that all important boost to your post count which translates into more cute little stars, which I think has something to do with having a small wee wee, the stars must make up for it in some way......
...redvetracr
Hahaha! That cracked me up! I am impartial to either site but superman has me coming over here most of the time now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
So I'll ask the question: Who is the "Chosen one"?
It is.....unwise...to say His name out loud. The gods will strike you down as they have to many good people. The leprechaun is hiding, listening, even now. We must speak His name in code. His initials however are the same as those of "Douche Bag."

·
Registered
959 Posts
It is.....unwise...to say His name out loud. The gods will strike you down as they have to many good people. The leprechaun is hiding, listening, even now. We must speak His name in code. His initials however are the same as those of "Douche Bag."

douchebag_boy is that close enough??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts