Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Welcome packet from one of the big C5/C6 clubs (don't know if I can say the name) and was looking through some of the older newsletters that they sent me and what do I see? The smiling face of our very own Junkman! After reading all of his posts, I feel like I have come to know him although I have never actually met him personally.

It was like seeing an old friend! Made me smile from ear to ear as they spoke about AJ's "road shows" and that he "Does it for the Corvette Brotherhood".

It was great to see you there AJ, and rest assured, I am making my first trip to Carlisle next year (Bought my passes and got hotel reservations already) and I definitely plan to look you up!

You can tell he was younger though because he was only Junkman2000 in the article... :D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Ahhhhh Sounds Scary ~

Junkman Showing up in the mailbox :laughing:

Well just so-long as Junkman don't start sending junk mail we all Cool :laughing:

Lay Blahhhhhhhhhhhh Bon

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
:rolling:i petition for junkman's name to be changed to junkmail

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I just got my Welcome packet from one of the big C5/C6 clubs (don't know if I can say the name) and was looking through some of the older newsletters that they sent me and what do I see? The smiling face of our very own Junkman! After reading all of his posts, I feel like I have come to know him although I have never actually met him personally.

It was like seeing an old friend! Made me smile from ear to ear as they spoke about AJ's "road shows" and that he "Does it for the Corvette Brotherhood".

It was great to see you there AJ, and rest assured, I am making my first trip to Carlisle next year (Bought my passes and got hotel reservations already) and I definitely plan to look you up!

You can tell he was younger though because he was only Junkman2000 in the article... :D
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That was my first detailing clinic that I did in Bowling Green. I had to get permission from the city ( :WTF ), and the person who was granting me permission wanted to know what I was selling. I informed him that I wasn't selling anything, and that I would actually be giving stuff away to anyone who attended. That was the part that the city official couldn't understand. He wanted to know why I would put in a free clinic and give stuff away. I told him that I was doing it for the Corvette brotherhood and that's the way those of us who are Corvette enthusiast roll. Helping another Corvette owner in need is just something you do out of respect for the tradition, not for some monetary value. He totally didn't get it but finally granted me permission.

I guess he drives a Hyundai. :laughing:

Later, someone sent me a plaque out of the blue of the article (it was in the C5/C6 Registry). Totally blew me away. I attribute it to the fact that if you freely give, it will come back to you 10 fold. I know that this has been the case for me in just the amount of hands that I have shaken within the Corvette community. It is guys like Dan and the many others that I have actually meet in person and on these forums that keeps me wanting to continually contribute to the Corvette community.

Looking forward to shaking your hand Dan. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the article...and the club. I have to say that when I first got my car, it was people like AJ that and his honest and incredibly helpful posts (convinced me to buy $500 of Adam's stuff) that kept me coming back to DC. In fact, it prompted me to pay money to Patrick to help support him, even though he sold shortly after I sent in my money. :rolleyes: Thankfully, he must have done his research because I have been hard pressed to see much difference in the forum under it's new ownership. For that I am grateful!

I am amazed that owning a Vette really is a club in itself...right down to "the wave" that I carry on when ever I pass another member.

It is inspiring, in this day and age, that people like the members here still exist! AJ, When I see you at Carlisle, the first beer is on me pal!

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Beer gives me gas. Make it ice cream. It's always hot as hell there anyway! :laughing: :D :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts